Not impressed with superfloss and a Q

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kittysopretty

Not impressed with superfloss and a Q

#1 Post by Kittysopretty »

I normally use this stiff green minty floss but I bought the superfloss yesterday.

I like the stiff end but the regular floss isn't waxy :(

Also, do you guess use the spongy part BETWEEN the teeth? I *like* doing that but you aren't supposed to, right?

Pirate Wench

#2 Post by Pirate Wench »

I know what you mean by the floss part isn't waxy......my teeth are pretty tight together so I have always bought floss that was waxed. I was quite surprised that the Superfloss wasn't waxed. I didn't even read the package when I bought it because I just assumed it would be waxed for easier sliding with orthodontic use! :x I will use the rest of the package of Superfloss and then I will try to find another kind with the stiff end. I really like not having to use the threader that the ortho office gave me, but I am definately having a tuff time getting between my teeth right now.

Good luck and let me know if you find something with the stiff end that is also waxed.

Thanx,

Kittysopretty

#3 Post by Kittysopretty »

I am glad to know that you guys also use the spongy part between the teeth, then I *do* like this. But the regular un-spongy floss is horrible how it's not waxed. My teeth are tight together and straight now (we are working on the bite now) so I hated the regular part of the floss.

Pirate, try Johnson & Johnson REACK Clean Burst Waxed Floss. The end is not as stiff as superfloss but WAY stiffer than others I've tried. It glides thru the teeth and is sooo minty.

Kittysopretty

#4 Post by Kittysopretty »

ooops, REACH not reack :oops:

SamanthaClavier

#5 Post by SamanthaClavier »

I use the spounge part to clean around my brackets....i wasnt to sure how it worked to begain with either LOL so i just guessed!

Kriz

#6 Post by Kriz »

I didnt like the superfloss because I have severe lower crowding and it shreds the floss then all the shreded floss gets stuck inbetween my teeth :(

I had to go to the more expensive Crest glide threader. (it is waxed and will slide between my teeth just fine). I might try the superfloss again when I get "uncrowded".

Kriz

Dramagyrl

Aww

#7 Post by Dramagyrl »

I couldn't use the stuff yet. The unwaxed was impossible to get between my teeth, just like the spongy part. Hopefully I'll get to try it eventually.

While stocking up today I saw an electric flosser that says it's just as effective as regular floss and works great for braces.... anyone tried it or should I be sticking with this superfloss when my teeth can take it?

Dramagyrl

Ditto

#8 Post by Dramagyrl »

It's been real hard on me too, which is why this thing caught my interest.
It looks like they vibrate and massage gums, so I don't know if that makes any difference in getting down deep to clean the gums...
I wish flossing with braces was just better altogether.

ShinySmile

#9 Post by ShinySmile »

Ooh. I tried Superfloss a couple days ago, and I'm definitely not a fan...for some reason, maybe my teeth are too tender-- it physically hurts my teeth to floss with this type of floss!

I love my Glide Deep Clean tape...i find it easier to thread tape than to thread the waxy stuff! I have a whole box of threaders now though, so hopefully when my teeth get less tender I'll like them! :lol:

6/27/2006-- RPE cemented

juf_84

#10 Post by juf_84 »

I use super floss and for the first week or so it was torture as I'm used to the waxed stuff. I've gotten used to it and now flossing doesn't hurt- and I have some crowding.

I generally use the normal bit for most of my teeth and gums, the spongy bit for the large gap I have between two teeth, and for cleaning brackets.

I just hate how you only get 50 in a box and it's not cheap- and you go through the box so quickly!! Although I found a pharmacy about an hour from here that had it at almost half the normal price- so I stocked up! I did get a funny look from the check-out chick, buying $25 worth of floss....

:lol:
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

hippyhippo

#11 Post by hippyhippo »

I asked my hygienest about superfloss, and she doesn't like it. She thinks the floss isn't of a very good quality, and doesn't do the best job. She much prefers her clients use just regular dentotape and some sort of threader. So that's what I'm planning on doing for now.

Blonde_Metal04

#12 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

I am in agreement with the people who dislike superfloss...
My teeth are SO crowded, that it is really hard to pop the hard end through, and in ALWAYS shreds so I end up having to use at least 2 or 3 pieces of floss.... I am definetly trying something different next time I need to stock up.
Spacers: 08/09/2006

RainyDay2

#13 Post by RainyDay2 »

I'm hating it right now. My teeth are to sensitive. I've only been braced for a week, so it may be due to that. I much prefer the wax thread as well. I'll have to see as time goes by.

tamsteve

floss

#14 Post by tamsteve »

I didn't know the superfloss spongey part was for in between teeth!! :roll: I have so much to learn!! I really don't like it anyways so, i floss with easy glide minty floss, i have to use a threader but, i like the way it makes my teeth feel...nice and minty! I really don't think i could even get the spongey part in between my teeth. I had a really hard time at first flossing, i mean hurting bad when i did it,,,now it's a breeze :)

lionfish

#15 Post by lionfish »

I've been using superfloss since day 1 and can do both arches on one thread. It was hell to start with, but I'm used to it now. As KK says, it's pretty much the only option if you're in Oz. I think it does a good job for me.