Ceramics Question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Paws917

Ceramics Question

#1 Post by Paws917 »

Hi!

I got braced about a week ago -- ceramics on top and metal on the bottom. I'm having the predictable cheek and tongue soreness that comes with new braces, but I've only noticed it along the bottom lip and the bottom half of my cheeks. Are the ceramic braces smoother and easier to get used to or is this just my imagination?

Thanks!

Erin

Paws917

#2 Post by Paws917 »

Oh, that DOES make sense! Thanks!

Erin

Paws917

#3 Post by Paws917 »

Thankfully, I haven't need to use the wax or salt water yet. The other day, my mouth felt pretty sore, but it wasn't unbearable. I popped a couple Advil and felt better. Today, it's feeling better, so hopefully, I'm over the hump!

Erin

Paws917

#4 Post by Paws917 »

Okay ... you've convinced me to try it! How much salt and how much water?

Thanks!

Erin

Paws917

#5 Post by Paws917 »

Okay, so you use this rinse even when they aren't sore, right?

Erin

Paws917

#6 Post by Paws917 »

Just tried it and it was very soothing! Made my braces feel tighter too for some reason. Does that happen to you?

Erin