Braces Buddy for Aug.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Katiari

#1 Post by Katiari »

I can be your buddy! I just got mine on not two days ago so I can be all of about 8 days in front of you... after the first couple weeks I hope it won't make a difference! Right now though, sheer h-e double hockey sticks on my mouth...

JeepGirl

#2 Post by JeepGirl »

KK,

I will celebrate my one year on August 2nd. I remember that you were braced about the same time as me from your postings. I can't believe how fast the time has gone! I never ask my ortho about when these things are coming off but I know I am probably half way through my treatment based on the original estimate of 18-24 months. I hope that next summer I will be NAKED! :wink:

bracedagain,
you will probably find a lot of August brace buddies on this board. Good luck and let us know about your brace day!

Dramagyrl

#3 Post by Dramagyrl »

That's a great idea!!
I lost track of them, but I had found one person who got braced on the same day a me and then another who was exactly a week after me. Should have asked then to have braces buddies for progress and whatnot.

LP

#4 Post by LP »

Hey I can join this club :D I'm Dramagyrl's braces buddy! July 11th was the big day - pretty dang close to Aug 1st.
Last edited by LP on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

mamabracito

#5 Post by mamabracito »

Hey i got braced on July 18th lol....can I join? :lol:

Rebecca

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

July 18, 2006 Speed Braces on both Top and Bottoms!
July 30, 2007 BSSO, Le Fort 1, SARPE, and something else Surgery lol!

Katiari

#6 Post by Katiari »

J.A.B.M.E.

The July & August Braces Moaning Enterprise...

Bluemoonjo

#7 Post by Bluemoonjo »

I go Aug 3 for records and Aug 17th to get braced :)

Seems like I've been waiting forever (3months).
Mama Jo

LP

#8 Post by LP »

I'm surprised at how long it takes some people to get things going. From the time I said I wanted to go ahead (met the ortho - he poked around and gave me a quote) it was two weeks until the braces were in my mouth.

I would hate the waiting.

cassie

#9 Post by cassie »

Katiari, July 20 or 21? I'm July 21...I wanna join the club! :) My real birthday is coming in mid-August, so I have 2 b-day's to celebrate in the next few weeks.
I'm surprised at how long it takes some people to get things going. From the time I said I wanted to go ahead (met the ortho - he poked around and gave me a quote) it was two weeks until the braces were in my mouth.
I would hate the waiting.
And LP, they wanted to get me started the morning I got the quote! That seemed a little too fast (I had to go to work, anyway), so I went back the next day...but yeah, once I decided to do it, I wanted to start ASAP! Two weeks would have been an eternity for me!

jenfire

#10 Post by jenfire »

I will be getting my upper braces on August 1st. I already have braces on the lower teeth (got them on June 13th). I'm sorta excited about getting the top braces...can't wait to see how long before I can see changes. My lowers are pretty crowed but I've been able to see some visible changes there already.

Good luck!

Edit: I just noticed that you're from Ohio...I am originally from OH (lived there until I went away for college). We have a lot in common :)
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

lionfish

#11 Post by lionfish »

I have a birthday in August, can I join as well?

Katiari

#12 Post by Katiari »

July 21st for me! You can join the club, too! :) Mine still REALLY hurt and I need to go in tomorrow to get my upper wire clipped...

cassie

#13 Post by cassie »

Yay, so it was the same day, Katiari! Mine too, no problem with the wires but the molar bands are ripping my tongue to shreds...I'm going to try to get that adjusted this week. You have a pic up? I want to watch how you're progressing. Unless yours move faster, then I'll be jealous :) jk...

And yes, lionfish (Mr/Ms Aussie Planner) :) you too. Birthday, braceday, whatever, as long as you feel our pain!

Katiari

#14 Post by Katiari »

Yes, I posted a picture of my seemingly perfectly straight (from the front they look that way, and ONLY from the front...) teeth on my initial getting braced post. It should still be on the first page, or maybe the second one! I have a lingual button on my back, upper left side, second to last and THAT is ripping my tongue to pieces... such a horrible torture device that button is!

Can you eat hard foods yet? I tried some french fries yesterday but the kicked my butt...

Cor1

I could use a brace buddy!!!

#15 Post by Cor1 »

Hi there I'm getting my braces this Thursday, July 27!!! So I would luv to be able to share my expereinces with someone going thru the same!!

I am 35yrs old, with narrow upper and lower jaws, with crooked/crowding, and I have already had 3 wisdom teeth pulled and am now going on two weeks with 8 spacers in!!

So lets keep chattiing on our progress, that would be great