Stains now my teeth are moving

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sjsarre

Stains now my teeth are moving

#1 Post by sjsarre »

Now that my teeth are moving away from each other, I can see the stains where they touched before. Especially on my top front teeth. When the incisors are pulled into line the stains on those will be really quite noticable aswell. Can these stains be removed whilst you have your brace on? Is there anything out there product wise that I could use?

Luna

#2 Post by Luna »

I noticed this on my lower incisors too, and was at first a bit alarmed before I realised what it was. I think the hygienist can remove these in the normal way. The brace doesnt make any difference to them when cleaning in area thats not covered by the brace.

sjsarre

#3 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks for your comments... :)

I think I will speak to the Ortho at my next adjustment and ask him whether I should see the hygenist to remove them. Unfortunately the stains won't be hidden when my teeth are in their correct position, I think they will be more noticable..

I will see what he says and if not try a whitening stick!!

KJM

#4 Post by KJM »

I have stains that have appeared as my teeth have unravelled. When I go for my 6 month cleaning at the Dentist the Hygienist is always able to get them off with out any major problem. :D
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

There are two things that whiten teeth. 1) getting the stains off and 2) whitening the enamel with a bleach type system. Your hygienist should be able to get the stains off, or you can try yourself with a whitening toothpaste since it has a little bit of abrasive stuff in there to remove the stains. My dentist does not have a hygienist. He does all the work himself. He doesn't try very hard to get my stains off :-(. When my braces are off though I am going to really bug him to get them off.

If you try to whiten teeth that are stained with a bleaching system, you will not have much luck. You will simply have whiter teeth with stains on them. Bascially stains have to be rubbed off somehow. I think the hygienists basically scrape it off with a tool of some sort and then polish it with an abrasive substance that gets the rest of it off.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

katmc_tx

#6 Post by katmc_tx »

Sarah, I had the same stains on my teeth and I mentioned it to my orthos assistant and just took that sharp metal stick that they use when the dentist cleans your teeth. Well she started scraping it and most of it came off. I then went to the store and bought one of my own and scraped more off and I will be going in for a cleaning next month and I'm hoping they will get the rest of for me. But not to worry you should be able to take care of your stains. Good luck
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

katmc_tx

#7 Post by katmc_tx »

Sarah, I had the same stains on my teeth and I mentioned it to my orthos assistant and just took that sharp metal stick that they use when the dentist cleans your teeth. Well she started scraping it and most of it came off. I then went to the store and bought one of my own and scraped more off and I will be going in for a cleaning next month and I'm hoping they will get the rest of for me. But not to worry you should be able to take care of your stains. Good luck
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!