First adjustment/wreck

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

carzfrm60s

First adjustment/wreck

#1 Post by carzfrm60s »

Had my first adjustment 7/17/06.All went well,changed both arch wires and added back teeth on bottom.Sorry no pictures don't have a "modern" camera.Doc said everything better than expected may not even need elastics until final positioning. On a bad note had a dump truck accident Tues 7/18/06(rollover) Unfortunatlly my wife was with me and broke her arm.No surgery yet,Dr.is hoping not!Was able to set in ER.Me,I "slammed" my mouth shut.went back to ortho Wed said everything ther OK,also had a dislocated knee,go to see Dr today.Truck is probablly totaled.Sorry such long post just needed to let out some frustration. Tom

eaglesoaring

#2 Post by eaglesoaring »

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry to hear of your accident! I'm glad you and your wife are okay. I'm sure a broken arm isn't fun for your wife. OUCH. Not to mention a dislocated knee. Glad to hear your mouth didn't sustain any damage. Oh...my heart goes out to you and yours. Hang in there.
eagle

Pirate Wench

#3 Post by Pirate Wench »

:shock: OMG Tom :shock:

I am so sorry that you had an accident. I hope you are both okay. I hope your knee & mouth and your wife's arm heal quickly. Take care of yourselves! Your truck can be replaced.....you and your wife cannot be replaced.

You and your wife will be in my prayers today.

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

OMG that sounds so scary! Glad to hear that no one was seriously injured.You must be in pain right now :( Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Gennel

ssfw

#5 Post by ssfw »

Hi carzfrm60s,

I'm glad you and your wife did not sustain any life-threatening injuries. A broken arm and and dislocated knee are not any fun either and hope they both heal quickly. Be sure to call your orthodontist should you feel any pain or discomfort in your mouth that may have occurred from the accident, sometimes it takes a few days for any discomfort to set in. As one of the other posts indicated, your truck can be replaced, lives can't. I'm sure you're also glad others were not injured.

Take Care and hope the both of you have a speedy recovery.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

Betty Bat

#6 Post by Betty Bat »

My sympathies to you and your wife! I've broken my ankle once and bones in my foot twice (each foot once). And, I've sprained each ankle once. So, I know that this is no fun.

katmc_tx

#7 Post by katmc_tx »

Tom that is awful, I’m really sorry to here about your accident. I wish both you and your wife a speedy recovery. And like ssfw said it may take a few days for any discomfort to set it so just keep an eye out for any problems and call you ortho if anything arises. Good luck and you and your wife take care.
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

Paws917

#8 Post by Paws917 »

Wow, Tom, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident and the injuries you and your wife sustained! Honestly though, you all were SO lucky!! I mean a dump truck ... ROLLING OVER?? Holy cow! Do you know if the dump truck driver was hurt too?

On a more positive note, I'm glad to hear that your first adjustment went so well. I won't be having my first adjustment for about another four weeks, but I am so hoping to hear what you heard ... that things are going better than expected!

Erin

carzfrm60s

#9 Post by carzfrm60s »

Thanks to everybody for your well wishes.Went to my Dr. yesterday have a sprained lcl ? and sprained ankle ligaments.Was talking about an ankle brace & knee brace,but could not come up with a good combination.I also have hypermobility problems,sooooo Dr B decided a full leg cast was best, have a cast shoe so I can "walk" on it ,no crutches.2-4 weeks.Since truck is wrecked and can't work anyway this is quickest way to heal. But like yall & friends say it could have been much worse.My wife and I still wake up each morning,although we make an amusing looking pair.Might as well laugh!!! Thanks again for kind words Tom