New member having bad teeth day!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mert1225

New member having bad teeth day!

#1 Post by mert1225 »

Im new to the site. I'm 35 and I have had my braces on for 10 months. I've had turbos on the backs of both of my front two teeth since April and they suck!!! I'm glad to meet everyone and I wish everyone well with their treatment and thanks for listening to my gripe :?

ssfw

#2 Post by ssfw »

Welcome mert1225,

I think you will find this website full of great information and support. If you ever have a question or concern about your ortho treatment, just ask. If it wasn't for this website, I don't think I would have proceeded with ortho treatment.

I hope your ortho treatment is going well.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

eaglesoaring

#3 Post by eaglesoaring »

mert1225-

Hi! And a big welcome!

I have bite turbo's on the back, lower teeth. One on both sides. I KNOW what you mean! I've only had mine for about 7 (almost 8) weeks...and chewing has been a challenge, mostly in the beginning. My gripe is your gripe...but, hey...what can we do...but make the best of it! :)

Everyone I've met on this forum is very encouraging...and they carried me through a couple of pretty difficult times...so post away!

Like ssfw, I would NOT have had the courage to get braces, if it weren't for the support I've received here.

Again, welcome!!
eagle

Izzy

#4 Post by Izzy »

Welcome! I have bite turbos also and agree that they are no fun. I've only have my braces for a couple of weeks, but will be very glad when the turbos come off (3 to 6 months, hopefully!).