..and they're off!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dev

..and they're off!

#1 Post by dev »

Hurray! The staining is sort of a downer though - I wish I knew about this website when I first got my braces on - my dental hygiene was subpar for the first year and a half of having braces, which led to the stains. :(
My midline is also a bit off - I wish I remembered to bring it up with my orthodontist before the debanding. I have a very prominent chin that's now kinda off-center so it's kind of another downer.

Oh well. :?

Question: is it possible to adjust bite without another full set of braces + elastics? I think my ortho just didn't leave me in the elastics long enough, since I know he was adjusting my midline about 2 months prior to my debanding.

(is midline even the right word? Essentially my lower jaw is offset a few mm from my upper jaw)

Smiley77

#2 Post by Smiley77 »

Gorgeous smile :)

Congratulations!
7 extractions 19 July 2006

8 spacers put in 7th August

I can't wait for that perfect smile

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

They do look nice :D

I recall somebody posting a couple of weeks ago that they had used Crest Whitestrips after debanding to remove stains and had a good result with them. She posted before and after pics and there was a real difference.

Maybe you could try that!

eaglesoaring

#4 Post by eaglesoaring »

dev-

Hey! Congrats!! Your teeth look GREAT!! Do you have your retainers? I've heard that retainers are sometimes used to "finish up"...so maybe if you spoke to your Ortho about your concerns, they could adjust the retainer slightly...to do the subtle corrections you're talking about? I'm not completely sure about this...but it seems like I read this somewhere a while ago. (You might post in the NAKED TOOTH SECTION OF THIS FORUM, and ask there. :) ) If it really concerns you, I'd definitely suggest talking with your Ortho about it.

However, I'd have to agree with KK...she has a very good point...YOU are probably the only person that will notice your midlines. I don't think the general population inspects others' teeth that closely. :D

Again, they look great!! Beautiful smile!
eagle[/b]

Evelyn

#5 Post by Evelyn »

Hey Dev! CONGRATUALTIONS!! Your teeth look absolutely gorgeous, that's a smile you can be proud of for life. The staining is really not noticeable, if it still bothers you I find that the crest whitestrips work really well to cover it up.

Keep smiling! :tingrin:

xoxo Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Joanna20

#6 Post by Joanna20 »

Very nice smile! Congrats! Don't worry about ur midline, no one will notice that!

Take care,
Joe

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Paws917

#7 Post by Paws917 »

Wow, you're teeth look GREAT! Congratulations!

My advice is to talk to your ortho about whatever concerns you have about your teeth. IMO, you paid for a service and a result and if you don't feel you got that result, you definitely need to say something. Maybe there is more finishing work to be done with the retainer? At any rate, your teeth really do look fantastic!

Erin

Marzipan

#8 Post by Marzipan »

My feeling about "perfect teeth" is - boring! In fact I'm going to miss my front gap when I'm through. (Other things I won't miss at all, which is why I'm doing it.)

First, no one will even notice that tiny midline discrepancy. I look at people's teeth all the time now, and I didn't notice it without your mentioning it first. Your teeth look great now. Second, it's the little imperfections in our appearances that give us character and appeal.

Seriously, it looks GREAT.

jmpmntwnty3

#9 Post by jmpmntwnty3 »

Great pics! I can't wait until my appliances come off so I can have a naked mouth :P

Pirate Wench

#10 Post by Pirate Wench »

:-88 Congrats on going Naked :-88

Your smile looks great. Your midline is only off slightly......I am sure I would have never noticed if you hadn't mentioned it in you post. We are always our own worst critic. :roll: If it is really bothering you tho....talk to your ortho about it. I know my ortho said his biggest is concern is a good bite. After that it is just cosmetic and he will leave that part up to me. When I am happy with how things look that is when we will deband.

Good luck!