My braces are coming soon!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rexthedestroyer

My braces are coming soon!

#1 Post by rexthedestroyer »

Okay guys I went to my dentist for my last cleaning before I get my braces put on. Besides the overbite and gaps my dentist says I have really nice teeth, no cavities, fillings or stains. I am scheduled to have the braces put on on 08/09/2006. From then on it should be a 18 month treatment. Which means that if we stay on schedual I will be 30 when I get my braces taken off. I really wish I did this when I was in college, or at least in my mid 20's, but no time is better than the present. You guys are going to be my support group until I have these things removed.

Quick question for anyone who knows. I am a male and I would like to know what percentage of this site is female compared to male.

P.S. You got to love the internet. There is a group or message board for everyone. Whatever your interest or concerns are there are people who are just like you, looking for advice and support. Thank god for Al Gore!

someplacesafe

#2 Post by someplacesafe »

I wish you the best of luck in your braces, rexthedestroyer. : )

(All this is coming from a 15-year old girl who just got braces put on today).

Be sure to eat lots of softs once your get them on and be sure to go to the restroom before the appointment.

dimeech

#3 Post by dimeech »

I just turned 31, and I SOOO wish I had of done this in my 20's, too! Oh, well. At least my teeth will look better at 40 than they did at 20 or 30 :D It seems like there are alot more females than males- or maybe girls just write/type more often! Good luck!

loulou123

Hello

#4 Post by loulou123 »

Hello just quick note to say that i will be nearly 30 also when braces come off. Am only 26 at moment but need them on for at least 3 years. I also wish id had them done in my teens but hey it could be worse. No it can sometimes feel like your the oldest person out there with braces but theres actually alot of us adults. Good luck :P

jmpmntwnty3

#5 Post by jmpmntwnty3 »

Good luck with your treatment! Be sure to stock up on some soft foods because throughout the first week, your teeth will be VERY sensitive. About the second week, the pain will start to subside. And by the third week, you won't even know they're there. Your case might be different, but that's how it happened for me. I just got my RPE put in this morning and now I'm back to eating soft foods again :?