<sigh> this is getting old

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

strugglebuggy

<sigh> this is getting old

#1 Post by strugglebuggy »

LOL- anyone besides me ever feel that way? I've been in braces for abou 18 months now, with a sentence of 2 to 2 1/2 years. Some days, the thought of taking more time to floss and get into every nook and cranny makes me feel so "blah." Other days, I feel great. :) Don't get me wrong- I LOVE what I'm doing for myself. Just wondering if anyone ever gets the "braces blahs." :roll:

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

When I am not busy and I think about it too much they drive me mad. I try not to think about it too much. I have at least another six months to go as well.....

<sigh>

We need a snoozin' emoticon.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

JoeMama

#3 Post by JoeMama »

Yep - I go through cycles of like and dislike (well maybe not like, but tolerance :D ). You're not alone! It's a long time...!!!
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

Can I get back to you in 12 months time? (have only been going 6 months, so don't feel qualified to whinge!)

Seriously, when I've had a big night out, the last thing I want to do before I go to bed is spend even 5 minutes cleaning and flossing. Sometimes I just fall into bed and do it first thing the next day.

Mostly, I'm not bothered by the braces, though.

Katiari

#5 Post by Katiari »

It's only been a week for me and it's already getting old, lol!

strugglebuggy

#6 Post by strugglebuggy »

Nice to know that I'm not alone. :) I agree Kiwi, if I have extra time I dwell on the time it takes to get the teeth to move. :-Z But I think back to where I was this time last year and it makes me feel better. But I'd still kill for a piece of wintergreen salt water taffy about now. :huh:

Bianca

#7 Post by Bianca »

Funny, I was just thinking that!

I am completely bored with my braces. Bored.

There is nothing exciting about my treatment anymore, it's been seven months and it's just the same old same old.

They closed the gap in my front teeth, but haven't gotten to the gap a little further back... I'm hoping we will start tackling that soon, maybe with some rubber bands or something.

Otherwise it's just waterpik, floss, brush, brush some more, pick junk out of my teeth, not bite into anything, careful what I eat, brush even more, have an appointment every six or eight weeks, brush some more...

I'm bored. I almost wish I would break a bracket just to break up the monotony! :)

It's a two year process.......

alexa

#8 Post by alexa »

I totally know what you mean, Strugglebuggy.

I'm about a month behind you at nearly 17 months with the same sentence. I'm ready for it to be done now. Last month. Last year. :roll:

Not that I don't appreciate all of the changes, but there aren't many anymore, and I'm just tired of it.

On the bright side, my recent obsession on graduate school applications has really taken my mind off of my teeth. The last month has gone by and I barely noticed! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

drazda

#9 Post by drazda »

I am so sick of my braces. So sick of them. I know my ortho knows what he's doing, but I would love to get new wires quicker. He just leaves them in, and puts ligs on and I feel like nothing is moving! Sometimes I feel like i'll never have the smile I want. I shouldn't complain though, I've seen sooo much change.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

sjsarre

#10 Post by sjsarre »

I'm not bored yet.. Don't think I qualify to be bored. Hours turn into days, days turn into weeks.. Sometimes i feel like I have no brace on. But then remember when I do something silly like try and bite into something hard...

:roll:

strugglebuggy

#11 Post by strugglebuggy »

Hi Alexa. :)

I think I know what you mean. I think my problem is that I don't "see" any changes anymore, though I know that there are some very important changes in my bite going on at the moment. Just impatient, I guess...lol. Hurry up and wait.

fins

#12 Post by fins »

Well, I'm at about the same place but I think I was feeling worse about it a few months ago and now I'm just waiting and watching to see what new things appear and disappear. I guess I don't want to get too hopeful.

I've made so much progress since the start and I really like the way my teeth look at this point (for the most part). I think I'm going to love the way they look when the braces finally come off. The cleaning can get to one though, I seem to shred floss all the time and can't get it off the wires!

usa1

#13 Post by usa1 »

After 12 months I dont think I am tired of the braces themselves. I am sick of not enjoying a meal. I want to eat normal again. I am really in for it for the next 6 months. They take moulds monday for my jaw surgery. Ill be wired shut for 4 weeks. No foods at all! That will be icing on the cake.
Braces July 26 2005
Treatment time 24 months
Damon 3's top Damon 2's bottom

strugglebuggy

#14 Post by strugglebuggy »

usa1 you hit it on the head. That is what is bugging me most right now. I'd love to enjoy a meal and not have to pick half of it out of my brackets...lol. I'm looking forward to that big chunk of bubble gum too.

Wired shut for 4 weeks?!?! :shock: Holy Schnikeys.

katmc_tx

#15 Post by katmc_tx »

I feel the same way and my husband has to be sick and tired of me saying "I can't wait till I get these suckers off" :-+ . I feel like all I do all day is :-} . And sometimes its like, has it been six months already and other times its like holly crap its only been six months. I dont know how much more I can take :-= :crazy: . But I just try to keep in mind they will come off some day and I can do it, I can do it, I can do it... :jump:
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!