Hello im new.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

loulou123

Hello im new.

#1 Post by loulou123 »

I had my braces put on 3 weeks ago on the 22nd June 2006, i had 6 spacers in for 2 weeks before that.
The spacers were not as bad as i had feared but the 1st couple of weeks with the braces were terrible, i was so grumpy it was untrue.
Ive got to have the braces on for 3 years so ill be 30 when they come off-marvellous! And i have to have jaw surgery as well. To all you people who are about to have braces put on or who have just had them put on and are wondering why did i do this IT DOES GET BETTER :shock:

KriegeR

#2 Post by KriegeR »

Welcome to the forum loulou123.

It's always nice to see another 'local' person around here! ;)

Good luck with your treatment and I hope everything turns out well in the end.

ShinySmile

#3 Post by ShinySmile »

Welcome!! :jump:

6/27/2006-- RPE cemented

fitchick

#4 Post by fitchick »

Hi LouLou123 and welcome.

We're growing in numbers us brits! This is a great site and you will find lots of encouraging words and support over the next 3 years on here. It seems a long time, but time flies so quickly, and it will be time well spent when you are proudly showing that perfect smile and fantastic teeth.

Good Luck from me,

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loulou123

Thanks for all the support

#5 Post by loulou123 »

Thanks for all the messages of support your prob be hearing lot more from me over the years. By the way how much does it hurt when you bang a glass against your teeth?! :(

jmpmntwnty3

#6 Post by jmpmntwnty3 »

Welcome! Never experienced banging glass against my teeth haha .. but I can imagine it can be very painful especially if you've just had your braces put on.

loulou123

Oh it hurts!

#7 Post by loulou123 »

I wouldnt recomend it! My lip started pouring with blood and it hurt the next day to eat and drink as everything made my lip crack open again its still sore now and this was 3 days ago. :shock:

Katiari

Re: Thanks for all the support

#8 Post by Katiari »

Thanks for all the messages of support your prob be hearing lot more from me over the years. By the way how much does it hurt when you bang a glass against your teeth?! :(
Quite a lot, actually... My heart goes out to all the people who have done this (which is probably most of you and me!).

P.S. Welcome to the metal mouth club!

loulou123

owww

#9 Post by loulou123 »

had to have more spacers put in my back teeth nearly 2 weeks ago, and because ive already got my braces on its like having my teeth pushed from all angles at once and is not pleasant. And on top of it all ive tonsillitus which isnt the best at any time! My braces are also causing me alot of ulcers and pain all the way round my mouth, the orthodontist gave me some diffrent wax which really helps but i have to put it on the front teeth and its bright red-hmm not a good look, am still bit concious of my braces when talking to people so having red teeth not exactly gonna help!

Sorry if i sound fed up but its helped to get it off my chest and im back orthodontist on thursday so fingers crossed when the spacers are removed ill feel more comfortable.

loulou123

#10 Post by loulou123 »

Thought id post an update... now have brackets on my very back teeth. Had a bit of a braces nightmare when i snapped the wire twice in 24 hours (in the same place!) and have now had to have the archwire tied on the bracket using very fine wires on one side, which has made cleaning even more fun than before. :roll:

I have also learnt that after xmas i have to have a pallette expander fitted which i was not told about before now, in fact until i looked it up on here i didnt even know what 1 was. Im pretty anxious about this to be honest. :shock:

Next appointment is on the 18th Jan 2007 tho so at least i can get xmas and the new year out of the way first.

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

loulou123

#11 Post by loulou123 »

Thanks for the support, no idea wot kind of expander ill get to be honest was so shocked i was getting one at all i didnt even ask any questions! But my appointments on the 18th Jan so guess ill find out soon enough. :lol:

Hope everyone had a great xmas and new year.

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

loulou123

#12 Post by loulou123 »

Just been to the ortho and seems im progreesing better than expected. Had both archwires changed and power chains put on my front teeth to, so right now im feeling a little pain, but not to bad. My chains are clear tho, (didnt get a choice!) so im terrifed of staining them as i always pick silver ligs for this reason!
The expander hasnt appeared yet, but from what the ortho said it will be put on in the months before the operation so we'll see what happens i guess.
:roll:
Realsied today ive had my braces on for pretty much 8 months....very scary as it does not seem anywhere near so long.
One question, does anyone know why on some of my teeth theyve put the lig on in a criss cross shape? (kinda like how a power chain looks but its the actual lig itself in a X shape) just wondering if the ortho was bored and making pretty patterns or if there was a reason for this :lol:
Last edited by loulou123 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

loulou123

#13 Post by loulou123 »

Something very exciting happened yesterday....

I have a openbite as well as a overbite and yesterday i realised if i bring my lower jaw forward (as the operation will do) i can actually bite my front teeth together-immeditedy only just but im very very excited! :lol:

For the 1st time in 27 years i can feel what it would be like to have normal teeth, obviously i still need the operation as my overbite is still very very bad tho.

Told my mum and boyfriend and they looked like i was mad for being so excited! :roll:[/img]

timsmith

#14 Post by timsmith »

Hi Loulou,

I am another Brit, displaced to Canada around 10 years ago, I used to live in Hants, New Milton to be precise up until 1979 when I moved to Kent.

Just to add a note about the little stupid things that mean so much, yesterday after being braced for 1 week I managed to eat a whole apple, cut into pieces of course and it was still a painful chew. My wife looked at me as though I was mad, who cares, it made me feel good.

Keep the faith, it will be a good result.

Tim

Clarity ceramic uppers, In Ovation metal lowers, 18 by 25 archwires and powerchain on top front 4

loulou123

#15 Post by loulou123 »

Hi Tim

Very weird thing you have the same name as my boyfriend (tim smith) well i find it strange! Lol :lol:

Thanks for the support and congratulations on managing to eat an apple so early on!

Ive been determined to eat as near to possible as what i ate before, but even i didnt get close to managing that after a week. Your right tho its the little things that mean alot when the braces are getting you down.

Wha exactly are you having done?

Louise