Debracing date pushed back

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lainey

Debracing date pushed back

#1 Post by lainey »

I was due to have my bracess taken off next Wednesday, but after a quick consultation my ortho has decided that the front 2 teeth need a little bit more adjusting.
Although I know he's right - that there is no point going through this whole process just to end up with not quite stright teeth - it's still pretty disappointing and has left me feeling a bit low.
This website made such a difference to how i felt about getting braces and helped me feel confident that I wasn't going to be the village freak if I got them, so the whole process has been ok so far, but this is a real blow and now I feel absolute hatred for the and just want to tear them off.
If this has happened to anyone else I'd be really glad to hear some words of wisdom of how you dealt with it. I know I need to pull myself together and get on with it again, but for some stupid reason I feel really self conscious about the braces again.

JaneBy

#2 Post by JaneBy »

Oh I feel your pain and share your frustration! :-+

My debanding appointment was on 7/12...but I'm still full metal mouth!
You're right...you haven't gone through this to end with less than the best possible results! Just keep smiling and brushing and flossing. I try to tell myself that no one have braces forever! And it will be that much sweeter to finally get them off! :)

It really shouldn't take long to move your teeth. Did the ortho tell you how long?

skittley80

#3 Post by skittley80 »

It will be over before you know it..and you are definately right..You are at the end so I'm sure you can handle a little more time being braced so that you have perfect teeth... Good luck!!

--Braced..upper and lower on 7/17/06
--Orthognathic surgery (upper and lower jaw)..possibly summer of '07

Chris

#4 Post by Chris »

yep, I feel like ripping mine out too! :lol:

Its been past the 2 year deadline for me and now its getting frustrating.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Evelyn

#5 Post by Evelyn »

Hey Lainey! I'm sorry to hear about your debandind date being pushed back, I know how frustrating that is. It happened to me many many times-as a whole my treatment went over by 22 months. All through I kept thinking that I was almost done and the ortho would keep moving the debanding date back. I had one, March 1st, that was all set up and I even went for impressions and all, but that one ended up being pushed back too, but that was my choice because I wasn't 100% happy with how my teeth looked.

Well, they finally came off on July 5th....and as a veteran, I cannot say this enough:

KEEP THE BRACES ON UNTIL YOU ARE 100% HAPPY!

Although it got frustrating while I had the braces on, I absolutely cannot emphasize how incredibly happy I am with how my teeth look now. It's been almost a month since I got them off and I still can't stop smiling. I am so happy that I kept the braces on for the extra time. If I had gotten them off earlier and was not happy with the result, I would have felt like the whole time that I was in braces was a waste. The feeling of getting them off and not having any reservations about how they look is completely worth the extra time.

I know it's hard now, but try not to let it get you down. I've been there before, and it does end, I promise. Keep your eyes on the prize, and don't forget to keep smiling!

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

fantasia

#6 Post by fantasia »

I gues I'm in the opposite boat a little...I'm getting mine off 1 month early because of my wedding, and my ortho said they weren't 100% perfect. I really don't think they would be in a mere month from now but for the most part I am happy with them. His big concern was my class II bite wasn't 100% corrected but he told me from the start before I got the braces that he expected probably a 75% improvement but that they might not ever get 100%. I said that was OK because my class II bite honestly was the least important thing to me. I always wanted my teeth to LOOK straight!!! The front ones were always asymmetrical and uneven so now they aren't I am happy!
Braces on: September 9, 2004
Treatment time: 2 years

Chris

#7 Post by Chris »

How's your bite in the back?
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007