Can you bite?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jennandtonic

#16 Post by jennandtonic »

I can bite with my front teeth now, but at first I couldn't because my front teeth were being corrected and when I bit it was painful. Even trying to clamp my teeth together was uncomfortable! Whew, I'm glad most of that is over....

juf_84

#17 Post by juf_84 »

Hey LP!

I lived off mashed potato and soft veggies for the first few days- steamed veggies are soft enough to cut up into tiny pieces and eat, and you can always try some mashed pumpkin, or mashed pumpkin mixed with mashed potato.

The only veggies I had trouble with were beans- and Mum just kept buying them and serving them up :x
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

LP

#18 Post by LP »

My only problem is I hate soggy veggies. I'm a veggies and dip and salad kinda gal. Oh well...guess I better get used to soft veggies - I need to eat them.

I think the day I get my braces off (I know I know, silly to plan so far ahead) I'm bringing a whole apple. Before braces I ate at least an apple a day, and it's going to ROCK to bite into one again :jump: