Wax and food

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Septimus

Wax and food

#1 Post by Septimus »

Do I take the wax off the brackets before i eat/drink?

or can i eat with them on?
i'm planning on drinking a milkshake.

Dramagyrl

#2 Post by Dramagyrl »

You can do almost anything with the wax on, and it shouldn't be a problem. I have learned the hard way though, try and make sure you get it all off before you brush your teeth after the meal :?

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

I'm with KK and Meryaten, leave the wax on when you eat/drink.

Glad to hear your banding experience wasn't too rough.

Pirate Wench

#4 Post by Pirate Wench »

I think the wax is like it's own food group. I don't know how much I have swallowed to this point. I try to take it out ahead of time now. I usually remember, but if I do swallow it.....I can definately feel it when it is gone.

edinburger

#5 Post by edinburger »

as far as I know it's vegetable-based and entirely safe...I have brushed with wax on. If some comes off, so what? I'll just put some more on if I need it.

Dramagyrl

#6 Post by Dramagyrl »

Oh yeah, you can totally brust with it on, I just found it all gooped onto the bristles and was just a really unnecessary hassle.