any advice on mouth sores?? Ouchie!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vctorascrt

any advice on mouth sores?? Ouchie!!

#1 Post by vctorascrt »

Hi, all! I just got braced on Tues. the 25th of July. I have ceramics top and bottom. Besides sore teeth, feeling huge in my mouth, and a slight lisp, it hasn't been a huge deal. Today all of a sudden, I seem to have gained two pretty mouth sores at the front of my mouth. One on my upper top left lip and one on the bottom right. I've been using warm salt water rinses 1-2 times a day since Tuesday, wax like crazy on a few spots, but can't seem to kick these spots. Any advice? Ouchie!!

Vicki
Nearly 30, braced for the first time

vctorascrt

#2 Post by vctorascrt »

Thanks for the info! Yes, they are mouth sores, inside of my mouth directly related to the braces. I was told by office assistant to use hydrogen peroxide to "shine up" the braces, I'll try it for mouth sores as well.

Thank you!
Vicki

cheerikimi

#3 Post by cheerikimi »

Just wanted to say that I feel your pain. I have been braced for about 7 weeks (ceramics upper and metal lower) and still get minor sores here and there. The other poster's suggestions are right on. Give your mouth some time to heal. My major sores came and healed within the first week of having my braces. Now I rinse with salt water once a day and use wax whenever I feel rubbing. Good luck!