What is your daily routine?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Smiley77

What is your daily routine?

#1 Post by Smiley77 »

Reading about all the oral hygiene stuff you guys do, I have images of me brushing and flossing, waterpik-ing and mouthwashing endlessly. :lol:

Just what do you do on a daily basis?

What is your morning routine and how long does it take?

What do you do before going to bed at night?
7 extractions 19 July 2006

8 spacers put in 7th August

I can't wait for that perfect smile

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Hi smiley,

After breakfast and lunch: remove food gunk from under braces and between teeth with interdens stick. Brush and rinse until all gunk is gone from mouth.

After dinner: remove all gunk with interdens stick, floss with Oral B Superfloss, brush and rinse.

Morning and lunch time routines take around 5 minutes, dinner routine about 5 minutes longer.

ingyandbert

#3 Post by ingyandbert »

Morning and evening, brush and use proxy brush around brackets. Once per day (either morning or evening), floss. Lunch, rinse with water and use proxy brush around brackets. I use a waterpik on an as-need basis to loosen food after meals before I brush. I use warm salt water rinses as necessary to prevent mouth sores, but I find I rarely need it. I occasionally sleep in wax to give my mouth time to heal from rubbing. I found that some sleeping positions were causing my soft tissues to stick to my braces, and the wax really helps prevent any problems from that.

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

Morning - brush with soft toothbrush and toothpaste

After eating - visual check and blast with waterpik if needed

Before bed - waterpik, floss, interdental, brush with sonicare toothbrush, fluoride rinse.

Even my night time routine only takes about 10 mins and the rest of the time just a minute or two.

I can't recommend the Waterpik highly enough. It's revolutionised my after-meal cleaning-out-of-gunk routine. Instead of spending ages picking the bits out with a dental pick I just blast round with the waterpik and it's all gone!

36nBraced

#5 Post by 36nBraced »

ive been braced on my top teeth since 6/13 get bottoms on 8/10 which is also my first adjustment for my top.

my routine:

morning - pre brush rinse, brush, mouthwash

after meals - swish water around mouth to clear out debris that may be caught in braces, use travel spiral dental brush to clear out anything that the swishing didn't get, brush only if mouth feels incredibly gross

night - floss, pre brush rinse, brush, anticavity rinse.