Curries

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bridget

Curries

#1 Post by Bridget »

Hi there!

So I managed to keep my clear ligatures all nice and unstained for 2,5 weeks and what did I do? Cook a curry yesterday!

I really thought "well, just ONCE can't be that bad" and it tasted just great, and I sipped lots of water inbetween to get the curry away really quick....

Afterwards I went to brush my teeth and - GUESS WHAT - my formerly clear ligatures turned a glowing yellow (luckily not ALL of them but anyway) :soremouth:

It's not that bad however I can see it...and I am more than happy that my next appointment is on Thursday....

My goodness - I never thought that these curries stain the ligatures in an instant - I always believed that you needed quite a lot...and that in combination with coffee and red wine. :-+

However, I could've know from all your posts...but some things you really have to learn the hard way ;-)

I just felt like sharing this with you!

Bridget

Upper and lower ceramics
9 months to go......less if I am REALLY lucky

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

I think it's the turmeric in the curry that has that instant glowing yellow effect. Perhaps you should go for yellow ligs next time lol

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

You're not alone, Bridget. I'm sporting bright yellow/green neon powerchains thanks to curry. The baking soda toothpaste does help, but I haven't managed to get them back to their original state.

Maybe it's time to go for some colour in my life....

Dramagyrl

#4 Post by Dramagyrl »

I had a battle with mustard last week and my clear ligs were totally glowing. I tried whitening pastes and yeah, it didn't work.
I was all worried about things looking grimy if I smiled, so I just went and got coloured elastics on the top. Kind of defeats the purpose of clear brackets, but I know it would have driven me crazy otherwise.

jetxness

#5 Post by jetxness »

i think i mentioned this before but if you are making your own curry, just don't put the tumeric in. you won't get yellow and it still tastes yummy.

juf_84

#6 Post by juf_84 »

Mmmm I love a good curry! I'm one of the non-lig wearing people and although I would love to have a mouthful of colour, everytime I have a curry, or a cup of tea for that matter, I say a silent thankyou to my ortho for not giving me a choice.

But if I had ligs, I'd just wear coloured ones and enjoy my curries!!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Bridget

#7 Post by Bridget »

Hi there!

My "Currie Issue" is solved. I went to the Ortho last Thursday for my first adjustment and I got a new wire on my upper brackets (a stronger one) which has been put in with "hard ligatures", thus wires around the brackets.

The same happened to my lower brackets (same wire, though)

So from now on no curries etc can stop me :-))

Bridget

Upper and lower ceramics
9 months to go......less if I am REALLY lucky

lionfish

#8 Post by lionfish »

Are you implying that elastics, having absorbed the vindaloo, then started to infuse everything else you ate with curry?

As this is now a subject rather close to my heart, I think a control experiment is called for. I was going to cook moussaka tonight, but maybe I'll just curry the mince instead. And yes, the elastics will be left "in".

lionfish

#9 Post by lionfish »

Ah, chocolate.....now we're talking!

lionfish

#10 Post by lionfish »

Nice review, a bit far for KK and me. But we do have Haighs and many others to draw upon down under.

I would up the truffle intake to, say, about 5 in one sitting and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't, keep upping the limit until it does. You can't have too much chocolate. I mean, this is scientific research we're carrying out here.