All top teeth ceramic

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

the_bufster84

All top teeth ceramic

#1 Post by the_bufster84 »

Hey, I hope you can help me with this. I was reading a previous post concerning how many upper teeth have ceramic brackets and how many have metal. I am having ceramic braces on my uppers and have not been told by my ortho that some will be metal. Has anyone had all ceramic brackets on all their top teeth??

Thanks K

Upper Ceramics

Crensmeyer1

#2 Post by Crensmeyer1 »

I have all ceramic upper & lower except for molar bands in the back.
Crensmeyer
Braced 05/02/06
Ceramic uppers & lowers

36nBraced

#3 Post by 36nBraced »

Crensmeyer1 wrote:I have all ceramic upper & lower except for molar bands in the back.
same here...just with upper only. lower will be metal, i get them on 8/10.

nvcarissa

#4 Post by nvcarissa »

Some orthos only bracket the social 8 or 6 (the front visible teeth) with ceramic. I would call to find out.

Braced 5/11/05, BSSO with advancement 6/21/06, Debanded: 8/1/07. Click on www for my braces story.

jenfire

#5 Post by jenfire »

Hi, the_bufster84! I am the one who started the other post re: ceramics on upper teeth. I would suggest going around to different orthodontists and getting consults...make sure that they answer all your questions and once you ultimately choose an orthodontist, before paying: get everything in writing on the contract!!! This really was key for me when the ortho's office tried to change the terms later on by only putting 6 uppers in ceramics. Try to get the number of ceramics (upper & lower) in writing, as well as any other aspects of the treatment that are important to you. This will make it more difficult for them to alter things (without proper justification) later on.

Good luck! :D
~jenfire
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

Idislikebraces

#6 Post by Idislikebraces »

I have all ceramics on the top except for the molar bands.
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!

ladygal

full ceramic

#7 Post by ladygal »

I've got 100% ceramic. I was told in the beginning that I would only get the "social 6" ceramic, but when the tech asked me what I wanted (metal or ceramic) I just said ceramic. So she put all ceramic on. I'm pleased with them. I tend to smile really big (and my mouth is small), so I'm glad I got all ceramic!

Drama Queen

#8 Post by Drama Queen »

I have ceramics upper and lower apart from the metal molar bands at the back.

Lau xx