Hard too floss........

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cor1

Hard too floss........

#1 Post by Cor1 »

Hi guys n' gals..........well when I didn't have braces I found it really hard to floss all my teeth, because they are really tight and my jaws are small, and it was annoying to get all the way into my mouth............now with my braces it is impossible!! I did get the floss threaders, buy I just find it annoying right now, I can do all my fronts, very hard to get to the backs, I must tell you I have very good oral hygene, I am 35, and I have NEVER HAD A CAVITY IN MY LIFE TIME YET!! My dental checks are always clean and good, so my question is, is there anything else I could use to floss in the back of my mouth.........what is a WATERPICK??

Help

Cor1

Joanna20

#2 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey! I find it quite hard to floss at the back as well! But keep on trying, I don't do it every single night, but most nights I do.
Good luck,
Joe

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

MsTee

#3 Post by MsTee »

Cor1,

This was my first night flossing in braces, and I must agree that it was quite difficult. I am hoping it gets easier with time, b/c it seemed to take forever to get all of my teeth flossed! I have threaders, but it almost seems as if they hold up the process. I will keep trying and see what happens. Let us know if it gets better for you, and what methods you're using!
MsTee

Gaps and underbite
Metals Top & Bottom

36nBraced

#4 Post by 36nBraced »

flossing with these medieval torture devices on your teeth is quite an ordeal. with practice comes proficiency. my first time flossing must have taken 20 minutes. i was SO frustrated. but i forced myself to continue to do it and now it takes me 1-2 minutes to floss my uppers. i know i'll have to go through the same frustration with my lowers but it's a small price to pay for a great smile. the last thing i want to do is ruin it by not taking proper care of the teeth.

the great thing about flossing is that you can tell when your teeth move. the floss just glides between the teeth now whereas in the past it was a tight squeeze.

Cor1

Waterpik Power Flosser for now!!!

#5 Post by Cor1 »

Hi all, thanks for the replies, but for now I have boughten my self a power flosser, and I luv it.............when my teeth become straighter, I will go back to normal flossing, I regularly brush, rinse, flouride rinse, and keep my oral very clean!!

So far so good, I will see what my ortho has to say on my first adjustment and go from there!!

Cor1