Is it Possible?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Paws917

Is it Possible?

#1 Post by Paws917 »

I've barely been braced for three weeks. My teeth aren't crooked at all -- just very gappy. I know they go easy on you as far as archwires are concerned when you first get them, but is it possible that some of my teeth could have moved already? I have two teeth touching now and I don't remember having any teeth actually touching before (except molars). I wonder if they'll let me have a copy of my before pics so I can obsess over the movement of my teeth even more. The old memory ain't what it used to be! :lol:

Erin

LoobyLou

#2 Post by LoobyLou »

It's more than a possibility that your teeth have moved already. It's surprising how quickly they move though be it tiny movements. I had an adjustment yesterday morning and about an hour afterwards I could already see a tiny bit of movement!

Good luck,

Luv LoobyLou xx
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

It's possible yes, I noticed movement within a week :D

juf_84

#4 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Erin!

You've definintely had movement already. I noticed a change on the second day and other people were noticing by day five. Isn't it amazing? I love looking in the mirror because I have an image of my smile in my mind- the smile I have had for the past 8 years or so, and everytime I look in the mirror it is different. :HugeGrin:

Start taking pics if you can, they will be great to look back on :-*
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

mert1225

#5 Post by mert1225 »

I had an adjustmen yesterday morning and by the time I went to bed last night I had different teeth making new friends. Sit back and enjoy your progress!!!!!

Spooky

absolutely

#6 Post by Spooky »

I noticed movement in the 5th day. THe initial results are usually very good, but after a while, you won't see much difference.

I also used to get really sore with the adjustments, but after a while, I don't feel any soreness. Sometimes I wonder if the new wires are doing their job... why don't I feel anything? But the ortho said my teeth are so used to the new wires, the new ligs already... I won't feel the soreness.

Good Luck!
Check out my journey :

http://janniesjourney.blogspot.com/
----------------
Braces on: Sept 16. 2005
Braces off: Dec 3, 2007
Upper/Lower Jaw Surgery on: Dec 1, 2006

Jetgirl

#7 Post by Jetgirl »

If you haven't started taking pictures to track your progress, you might want to start. You're likely to see a great deal of movement in the first few weeks!

I started taking pictures of my braces progress pretty much every month starting at month two. I wish I'd started taking weekly pictures earlier, though. Almost all of the major progress happened in the first 4-5 weeks! I put together a web page here showing my progress.
Braces on: June 2003
Braces off: June 2005

Pictures of my braces journey

bracesmom

#8 Post by bracesmom »

My teeth looked straight by the time I got my first adjustment. my bit needed fine tuning still. this part has taken the longest.
Advocating for our nation's waiting children at Adoptive Parents Network

Paws917

#9 Post by Paws917 »

Jetgirl,

I really enjoyed the photos of your progress! I can't wait until my teeth look like that!

Erin