Courtesy call!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cor1

Courtesy call!!

#1 Post by Cor1 »

Well I had a courtesy call from my ortho hygenist yesterday afternoon, which I thought was awsome!!

She asked me how I was doing and I got to answer a few questions and get some information from her, cause I was wondering why it was soooo long between my first adjustment, and she told me that the first adjustment is a bit longer becasue of the memory wire they use, the longer it is on the first time the better............

I just thought it was kinda cool that they called!!

Cor1

Dark_angel

#2 Post by Dark_angel »

Im glad you like your ortho and thier staff and its always good to know they care for their patients.

But please get rid of that nikki avatar :twisted: i cant stand her.

Blonde_Metal04

#3 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

That's GREAT COR1!
My Orthodontist himself called me the night before my appointment for my xrays and molds, and told me about how excited he was to be helping me ease my pain, and I loved it! Sounds like you have a great team working on you, Congrats!

newmetal

Re: Courtesy call!!

#4 Post by newmetal »

Cor1 wrote:Well I had a courtesy call from my ortho hygenist yesterday afternoon, which I thought was awsome!!

She asked me how I was doing and I got to answer a few questions and get some information from her, cause I was wondering why it was soooo long between my first adjustment, and she told me that the first adjustment is a bit longer becasue of the memory wire they use, the longer it is on the first time the better............

I just thought it was kinda cool that they called!!

Cor1
Your nikki emoticon is cool ha

rmwolf83

#5 Post by rmwolf83 »

My ortho called me himself the evening that I got my back teeth banded and then the evening that they put the front brackets and archwires on. He just wanted to make sure I was doing okay with everything and to see if I had any questions and such. I love the personal touch, it really makes me feel secure that if I ever do have an issue or problem, he'll be right there to help! Congrats on finding a great ortho! Good Luck with your treatment!

Debanding: 12/18/07!!! Yay!!!!!

Front Teeth Bracketed 7/25/2006
Back Teeth Banded 7/18/2006
Inspire Ice Uppers/front 8 w/ metal lowers
Treatment time: 19 - 26 mos.

Lisa65

#6 Post by Lisa65 »

The personal touch is great and makes you feel that much more valued.

Today (with my miniscrew implant problem) when I got to my ortho it turned out that he had already spoken to the OS who had put the screws in, who had gone to South Africa on holiday!
My ortho could see I was a bit upset and emotional after all the pain and lack of sleep due to the pain and asked his assistant to call me a taxi home and even said that the surgery would pay for it :shock:
I accepted the offer of them calling a cab but paid for it myself, but the fact they took the trouble to offer to do that for me meant a lot.

Glad you have a good team, Cor1 - it makes all the difference if you feel like they treat you as an individual human being and not just a faceless set of braces!

hippyhippo

#7 Post by hippyhippo »

My dentist always gives me a courtesy call after he does any work on my teeth, just to ensure everything is good. And he does it on his own time too (after work hours). This is only one of the reasons I've followed him to three different practices -- I love my dentist!

I can only hope my ortho's office is as considerate.

Echo

#8 Post by Echo »

I had a call from my ortho the night before my consultation appointment. We recently started going to a new general dentist. My husband had two appointments recently for fillings. The dentist called him later in the evening both times to see how he was doing. I was shocked. It's great to know that they care, even after their work is done.
[/url]

ghotieyes

#9 Post by ghotieyes »

I get a call from my ortho assistants the day after I get anything done just to check up on me. They also sent me a card to congratulate me on finding a new job, which was completely unexpected, but very appreciated. I'm switching my ortho's other office, that is closer to my new job, so I'm hoping the staff there are just as nice as the one I started off in.

mindwaves

#10 Post by mindwaves »

haha...yeah, my ortho called me even before I was her patient. I went in for a free consultation and she told me that I needed to get some teeth extracted and I guess I walked out scared silly. So she called me that night to ease my fears and here I am now! I'm now a happy patient! haha