My First Braces Dream

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jared

My First Braces Dream

#1 Post by Jared »

I dreamed last night that all my upper brackets broke off and my archwire was just hanging with all of the brackets clanking around in my mouth. All I could think was "will someone be available today to fix this mess, or am I going to church looking like an idiot?" Funny!
35 years old, married, father of 5, braced on June 15, 2006

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"
-Def Leppard, Rock of Ages--Pyromania

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Last night I dreamt that all my teeth were loose even though the braces were totally intact. Then I had a new dream. I dreamt that I had a bunch of food stuck in the back brackets and I was getting it out.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

lesdents

#3 Post by lesdents »

I've had some really unpleasant braces dreams, and some really good ones.

The bad ones have included 1. having teeth fall out, 2. having the brackets bigger and bigger until they were HUGE, making it impossible to close my lips, and 3. that my extraction sites, after having stopped bleeding, starting bleeding again excessively in a projectile fashion. Very gross.

However, I've also had dreams about getting the braces off, having them all perfect and white....the day after my first adjustment, I dreamed that, within a couple of hours, my teeth had become perfect, and I was ready to get them off. I was disappointed when I woke up!

Dramagyrl

#4 Post by Dramagyrl »

How funny is that, I was thinking of starting a post like this.
The night before last I dreamed about my teeth for the first time since braces. It's not uncommon for me to occassionally dream about them, but this involved me looking in the mirror to see my progress. My bottom canine on the left and another molar on the right had pushed out and down, twisted and the rest of my teeth were tightened around it, twisting. The top row was all over the place. I was so stressed out and wondering if that's how they go before they straighten, regardless of all the progress I've seen. It was spooky at the time haha.

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

I'm crying with laughter reading some of this stuff. You guys are so funny.

OK, I've had my fair share of braces dreams. The best one was where all the brackets slid off my bottom teeth and collected between my gum and lip. Not nice at all. It was a relief to wake up.

Smiley77

#6 Post by Smiley77 »

LOL I also had my first 'braces' dream last night! Though mine is more a spacers dream!

I dreamt that my front wonky tooth had a spacer looped right over it and the tooth went all wobbly and fell out! It was so weird.

I had my spacers put in today, so it doesn't take Freud to decipher my dream, but it was so odd; so VIVID! LOL

Glad im not the only one, I look forward to more crazy ones then!
7 extractions 19 July 2006

8 spacers put in 7th August

I can't wait for that perfect smile

grinning

#7 Post by grinning »

I had a braces dream just before getting the braces put on. I was sitting in the ortho's chair and he was gluing these things on my teeth that I couldn't see. After he finished the two front teeth I noticed that these things were bigger than my teeth itself and stuck out about 1/2". I yelled "STOP!!", which I also yelled out loud in the waking world. Unfortunately he then told me that they were attached with some sort of non-removable glue and I was stuck with them forever. :shock: THEN I woke up. Do you think I was stressed about what braces would feel like?? :lol:

Drama Queen

#8 Post by Drama Queen »

I have been braced for nearly 2 weeks and I had my first braces dream last nite, I was eating pizza and then suddenly my brackets and some of my teeth feel out and then the whole top set of braces including the archwire and the molar bands just fell out - I was so relived when I woke up and found that it was all a dream. I think it was the first time in the past two weeks that I was glad my braces were still there!

Lau xx