Normal???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cor1

Normal???

#1 Post by Cor1 »

Good morning everyone, is it normal to have one side seem to hurt more than the other side......

also my teeth on that one side seem looser that the other side, it seems like the other side isn't doing anything.............I've been checkin everyday, but everything seems o.k. no loose wires or brackets everything is in its place, but I can still chew on that one side (it doesn't really hurt as bad as the other side, and it is going on two weeks now...)

I don't want to bother my ortho over my paranoa.....

help!!

Cor1

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

My right side always hurts more than my left. My right side has many more issues than my left though, so the teeth are moving more.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Cor1

I think I understand...

#3 Post by Cor1 »

Hey thanks for the replies guys, yeh I can see that my right bottom side has a little more ISSUES GOING ON than my left bottom, so that might explain, why it feels different..........and I'm with you KK, I can't imagaine if both my sides hurt!!!! So I guess I should be gratefull that I can at least still chew on one side!!! :D

SHORTIN1

#4 Post by SHORTIN1 »

I wouldn't worry to much if it's just achey pain, as opposed to sharp shooting pain. Did you floss the area just to make sure there is no food lodged between?
SHARI

LoobyLou

#5 Post by LoobyLou »

Yup - I have that problem now. I can't really chew on my left side at the moment and it sems to be alternating!

LoobyLou xx
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

Yes, I've had that situation. When they stuck the TMA wire on my lowers, I avoided chewing on the left side for a couple of weeks.

Chris

#7 Post by Chris »

I wouldn't worry to much if it's just achey pain, as opposed to sharp shooting pain. Did you floss the area just to make sure there is no food lodged between?
I've even had the sharp shooting pain and every few minutes throbbing nerve pain (saying HELLO !) But its never to the point of needing heavy meds and it always goes away. I find that the throbbing pain goes away after drinking ice water or anything ice cold. Warm drinks make it worse.

And yes, my right side is always in more discomfort (has more issues). Some teeth NEVER hurt while others are like temper tantrums of a 2 year old.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007