The Story So Far...(Pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LoobyLou

The Story So Far...(Pics)

#1 Post by LoobyLou »

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd post a couple of comparison pics from 4 months after having my braces on (Aug '05) and now (Aug '06).

Aug '05

Aug '06

I'm not sure that there is as much progress as I would have liked but at least that massive gap is now gone!

We're working on the bite and midline now...can't wait to one day have the teeth I've always wanted!

Love LoobyLou xx
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

sjsarre

#2 Post by sjsarre »

I think your teeth look great... :D

Joanna20

#3 Post by Joanna20 »

Great progress! I hope u are done soon!
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

LoobyLou

#4 Post by LoobyLou »

Thank you for your encouraging comments all of you. I feel my teeth look better when I look in the mirror but when I take close up shots I think they look really unflattering!!

Yep KK my bite is natural in both pictures - that's something I am pleased with as to begin with I had a very deep bite. Thank you for your positivity.

Lucyloop - thank you for your kind comments - it certainly does feel like things are going slow but you're right - we'll all get there in the end!

I think I will benefit from gum removal above the two 'smaller' front teeth which will help things look more symmetrical.

Love LoobyLou xx

LoobyLou

#5 Post by LoobyLou »

Thank you for your encouraging comments all of you. I feel my teeth look better when I look in the mirror but when I take close up shots I think they look really unflattering!!

Yep KK my bite is natural in both pictures - that's something I am pleased with as to begin with I had a very deep bite. Thank you for your positivity.

Lucyloop - thank you for your kind comments - it certainly does feel like things are going slow but you're right - we'll all get there in the end!

I think I will benefit from gum removal above the two 'smaller' front teeth which will help things look more symmetrical.

Love LoobyLou xx

jcdamon3

#6 Post by jcdamon3 »

I couldn't agree more (about mine). This is why I won't post pictures, because it is a bit depressing. At the end I will probably post some pics of full head shots.

And really no one EVER sees your teeth that close up. Especially when you have an unnatural smile because you are trying to show your teeth.

BTW, I think you have really nice teeth and your progress is amazing. Everyone I see on here has nice teeth. Mine are a bit worn down but it might be interesting for the older folks when I am done they can see my turnout.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

LoobyLou

#7 Post by LoobyLou »

Thanks JCdamon3 - Several of my bottom teeth are worn and they aren't as white as I'd like but I think we're more critical on ourselves aren't we.

I agree - slightly more distant shots are so much better!! Perhaps I should have posted a bigger version of my avatar as that was taken further away!!