what are build-ups?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

imgettingbraces

what are build-ups?

#1 Post by imgettingbraces »

I know they are a pasty type of glue they put on top of your banded molars but what do they do and what do they feel like. Any Pictures and/or info is appreciated.
Last edited by imgettingbraces on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imgettingbraces

#2 Post by imgettingbraces »

thanks again! from what i've read, i am glad they seperated the time i get the top and bottom braces so i NEVER have to have buildups. they sound so bad...

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

I heard mention of these from my ortho, who said he might use them to push my second molars apart to help close my bite. Stay tuned.

lisab

Re: what are build-ups?

#4 Post by lisab »

imgettingbraces wrote:I know they are a pasty type of glue they put on top of your banded molars but what do they do and what do they feel like. Any Pictures and/or info is appreciated.
I had build ups placed on the same day as I was braced to stop my top teeth hitting my bottom brackets. They felt a bit weird at first, but I got used to them very quickly. They blend into your teeth- just looks like your teeth are bigger. It was a bit more difficult to chew with them, but really was no big deal. I had them for 14 weeks, and had them removed last week- progress!