Restaurants and rhetorical questions

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kimber

Restaurants and rhetorical questions

#1 Post by Kimber »

I've finally reached the point where I have enough courage to venture out and eat in public and I have just one question: why is it that people you know just happen to pass by your table to stop to chat just after you take that last bite and are trying to surriptiously dig the remnents of the meal out of your teeth?

Also thought I'd pass along the fact that I learned last night that it is possible to saw a piece of raw tuna into smaller pieces with a chop stick!

Happy eating!
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

pippy

#2 Post by pippy »

Lovely image there - and I was so proud of managing to rip a samosa into bite size pieces...no utensils at hand....but I think you definitely win!! :D

jaswi

#3 Post by jaswi »

HA Kimber, I've noticed that too and HATE it. Its like, 'excuse me while I get this big stringy piece of meat out of my teeth, then I'll talk if you insist on interrupting my meal'

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

Ha ha!!

Braces haven't stopped me eating out, I just make sure I know where the toilets are and get my money's worth!

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

I have pretty much learned to talk with my lips covering my mouth. Then if someone cracks a joke I put my hand over my mouth.

I don't go out with anyone that I want to impress much and I eat alot more than I talk.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

Welcome back, meryaten.

I attended a focus group meeting last night and guess what? They had pizza on the table. It looked and smelt so divine....drool. But I resisted because with my luck bits would have become tangled everywhere and I would have had to excuse myself, etc. in the middle of what was quite an interesting discussion anyway.

nicholeuf

#7 Post by nicholeuf »

Ha! Too funny. I guess we've all perfected our water swoosh and teeth-cleaning tongue techniques. But, you're right, why do people always insist on talking to you when you've got a half-pound of mush stuck in your grill?

Bridget

#8 Post by Bridget »

I guess we all experience the same :-))

My colleagues tend to say something like "oh I have not seen your braces before - please show me" - and that in the middle of me having my Salad!!!!!

What do they think - can't they ask after I have just brushed them? ;-)

Upper and lower ceramics
9 months to go......less if I am REALLY lucky

Way Too Old For This

#9 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I was at a business lunch, excused myself to go to the ladie's room to swish, and a couple of the other ladies decided they need to go also! There went my private swishing and picking! Uncomfortable situation.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.