Getting Braced on wednesday pre brace pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

GatorGirl

#16 Post by GatorGirl »

Hey! Good Luck with getting braced! I go in 8am tomorrow to get mine on...I am so excited. We should have a race to the finish :)

pippy

#17 Post by pippy »

Wow, with teeth that white (jealous now :oops: ) that sure is going to be one killer smile :)

rexthedestroyer

#18 Post by rexthedestroyer »

Gator Girl, you can be my braces buddy throughout the journey. I am gonna need all of the support I can get.

I will post pics of the newly braced rex tomorrow.

rexthedestroyer

#19 Post by rexthedestroyer »

AGH! What did I get myself into. He put the metal brackets on today. I have to come back on friday for the wires. How long before I get use to this?

I think I am gonna go to social hybernation for the next 2 years.

Any good words guy and gals?

RainyDay

#20 Post by RainyDay »

LOL you are too funny Rex. I get my braces on Monday 14th! We can compare notes as we go through this jouney. That painful huh?

rexthedestroyer

#21 Post by rexthedestroyer »

I was just kidding about the hybernation thing. These things just feel a little wierd in my mouth. Can I tell the doc that I want my wires extra extra tight? I mean I use to be in the marine corps so I am used to pain. I can't wait until friday so I can get stuff really started.

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that many rappers have platinum and diamonds on their teeth. Maybe I can go to a jewler and have him make a special platinum grill to put over my metal grill, :D . Then again I work for the federal government. I don't think my supervisors will go for that.

My positive attitude goes up and down. I just need to have more ups than downs. Thanks Kiwi.

susieq182

#22 Post by susieq182 »

I agree with Karen brackets w/o wires are far more uncomfortable on your mouth. the ortho will make things as tight as they need to be. Remember you dont want to much to happen to fast cause it can cause more harm then good. No doubt you can handle whatever they throw at you HuRah!!
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

rexthedestroyer

#23 Post by rexthedestroyer »

I am sporting my new hardware at work today and everyone loves them. I am kind of a goof ball so I have been going up to everyone and giving them my big ole grin. I even got some tlc from a lady friend of mine yestureday. In all I have no problem with the braces. This might actually improve my social life. One girl said I was cuter and more approachable with the braces.

I am gonna have to start a new thread in the our braces forum. I got a lot to say. Tomorrow I will get my wires put on and will try to post a pic of my hardware.

rexthedestroyer

#24 Post by rexthedestroyer »

So I got my wires on today. I must admit my mouth feels a lot more comfotable. I actually like the added pressure on my teeth. No pain no gain right? SO I guess I am officially braced now. Man I wish I did this a few years ago. My first adjustment is on sept 6th. Eating has not been bad at all. I you need is a tooth pick and a tooth brush and you are good. I am going to buy a digital camera tomorrow. Cell phone pics just don't cut it.

Bell

#25 Post by Bell »

Hi, good luck with your braces journey :lol:
~Damon 3 Braces top and bottom~
~Braced on 11th September 2006~