What are......

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

~CanadianChick~

What are......

#1 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

Rectangle wires? I just got one on my lowers and I had no idea what it was when he was putting it on.

Also what are stoppers?
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

rectangle wires are wires that if you cut them crosswise, and looked at the end you would see that they are shaped like a square rather than a circle. I always got confused when I was first braced. People talked about rectangular wires and I would think - no mine are still shaped like the arch of my teeth!

square wires may make you feel a bit more sore because they are actually engaging your brackets a bit better. Think round peg in square hole vs square hole in square hole. Hope this helps!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

~CanadianChick~

#3 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

Wow thanks guys that helped a lot!!!
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~