Braces removed today!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

simshell

Braces removed today!!!

#1 Post by simshell »

I got my braces removed today. I'm so happy it is over with. I have to say though that it was not a pleasant experience, especially since I'm about to have a baby. Leaning back in a chair felt like I was suffocating and the impressions were the worst. I guess, no pain--no gain. Anyway, you can view my update here on my blog:

http://bracetobrace.blogspot.com/

Thank God it's over--except for the retainer part! The rest should be easy!!

I'm glad I had this board to get me through (I used to have another username and used to post quite a bit on this board. I had to sign up with a new name because I couldn't remember my old one) This board has been a huge support. Thank you--you got me through every step of the way!

Kell

#2 Post by Kell »

CONGRATULATIONS! I checked out your blog and your teeth look awesome! Enjoy being brace free and I hope all goes smoothly with the new baby's arrival.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

katmc_tx

#3 Post by katmc_tx »

simshell, I check out your blog too and it had me cracking up. The part about the pervs had me lol and I soooo agree with you. . Sadly I'm a ways off from getting these suckers off. It was really bad at first, I mean I really hated them but now i'm still hating only not as bad. I still tell my husband about every other day man I can't wait to get these suckers off and his response is "I know babe, I can't wait either" :roll: . Then we laugh about it and take it a day at a time. Anyway your teeth look really great, you must be sooo stoked. So CONGRADS!!! :-)o
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

KJM

#4 Post by KJM »

Congrats simshell!! Your teeth look beautiful! :-)o :banana:
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

Zondrae

#5 Post by Zondrae »

Your teeth look great! It sure was worth all that discomfort. And your blog had me cracking up too - the pervy part was hilarious. Bits falling off :twisted:

rexthedestroyer

#6 Post by rexthedestroyer »

Your teeth look great!

pippy

#7 Post by pippy »

Hi Michelle
Your teeth look absolutely gorgeous :BigGrin: ..roll on the next two years and hope mine look that good!!

vivie

#8 Post by vivie »

Michelle,
Your teeth looks gr8,enjoy your beautiful smile.

Viv :)

alexa

#9 Post by alexa »

Your teeth look great...congratulations! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

ssfw

#10 Post by ssfw »

Congratulations on getting your braces removed simshell. If you were uncomfortable in the ortho's chair, you should have let your ortho know. I'm sure s/he would have made you comfortable and worked around the position you were most comfortable with.

Good luck with your retainer.

Best wishes on the birth of your baby!

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

simshell

#11 Post by simshell »

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your well wishes. And as for my comments regarding pervs, well--they seem to come out of the wood work. I don't get it. Anyway, thats another blog for another day..LOL.

Oh and I did tell the ortho that I was uncomfortable. There was really no way I wasn't going to be. Even sitting up was still hard. He did let me take alot of breaks though, so I did ok. I just had to get through it.

Again, thanks everyone! I can't wait to see all of your pics when you are done!

Michelle

ssfw

#12 Post by ssfw »

Hi simshell,

I'm glad that you did tell your orthodontist you were uncomfortable - some people tend not to say if they are uncomfortable/in pain and I feel if the ortho doesn't know how can s/he help you - most orthos I think would have done something to try to give you some relief as your ortho did. I'm sorry s/he couldn't do anything to avoid it but am glad to hear that s/he let you take a few breaks during the appt.

Enjoy having your braces off and again good luck to you and your newborn.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

sjsarre

#13 Post by sjsarre »

wow.. Your teeth look wonderful.. What a difference

Chris

#14 Post by Chris »

Welcome to the Naked World of Teeth!

Congratulations and enjoy your new smile...looks awesome!

ImageImageImage
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Bluerain

#15 Post by Bluerain »

I enjoyed your blog !!!

You look great and what a wonderful smile u have :D

Happy smiling !

Blue
Brace's -In-Ovations
Top Wired 2-1-05 / Bottom 10-9-06
Implants being used as anchor's where the wisdom teeth use to be.