Just got braces - pics - y does teeth hurt when touched?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

babykitten75

Just got braces - pics - y does teeth hurt when touched?

#1 Post by babykitten75 »

Hi all! I just got braces on Tuesday, August 15 and I didn't like them at first but now they are okay. What keeps me motivated is how great my teeth will look when the braces come off (well, hopefully!). My orthodontist said it'll be 2 years! A question I have is - how come my top front teeth hurt so much when they are touched, or when I accidently bite into something or when they touch my bottom teeth? Does that mean they are moving or loose and is that a good thing? Could it be because my midline if off (you can notice it in my pictures) and it has to shift? I don't have elastics yet so will my teeth still move without them? Also, I have 2 teeth that are in crossbite (I think that's what it means - 2 of my front teeth are BEHIND my bottom teeth) and I was just wondering how they get into the proper position (in front of the bottom teeth). I mean because if my mouth is closed, wouldn't they just push out my bottom teeth - or do I have to keep my teeth apart all the time? If you've had a crossbite before, how was it fixed for you? Please reply if you can - Thanks! Okay, now I am going to try to ADD MY PICS to this - hopefully it works!

Badhabit

hello

#2 Post by Badhabit »

hi and

W e l c o m e ! ! :D

great pics!

good luck 4 your treatement!

babykitten75

Oh, I also had 5 extractions done

#3 Post by babykitten75 »

I forgot to mention that I got 5 teeth pulled out as well because they said I have a small jaw and all my teeth cannot fit perfectly straight - that's why they got crooked so they pulled out the:
upper right first bicuspid,
upper left second bicuspid,
lower right primary second molar,
lower left second bicuspid
and lower left third molar.

This is my diagnosis:
A fairly normal jaw length relationship,
The upper incisors are mildly proclined (slightly tipped forward),
The lower incisors are mildly proclined,
The protrusion of the upper front teeth is in the normal range,
The overbite or vertical overlap of the front teeth is fairly average,
The midline of the upper teeth is to the left,
There is severe crowding of the upper teeth,
There is mild crowding of the lower teeth,
There is a crossbite of the incisor teeth

I also had 5 spacers put in on August 8 for a week, one came out 4 days later but I got it replaced the day before the braces were put on then they removed all spacers when they put on my braces.

Braces will be approximately 22 - 26 months of treatment time assuming a normal response to treatment.

So, I will keep you all updated and we'll see about braces off in 22-26 months!

Thanks for all your support and replies in advance!
I appreciate it!

babykitten75

Before Braces

Close UP of my teeth with braces ON

babykitten75

Thanks KK

#4 Post by babykitten75 »

KK,

Thanks for replying to my post and answering my questions - you have put my worries to rest! I noticed that you give advice and reply to a lot of posts - I congradulate you on being such a devoted and dedicated person to people with braces and the environment.

Thank you very much - I appreciate it!!!

KJM

#5 Post by KJM »

Congrats babykitten75! Your newly braced teeth look great! :)

As far as the cross bite thing, I have one also and they are correcting mine with elastics. I had to wear them 24/7 for the first few months and now I am down to nighttime only on one side. ( the other side is done)

Here is a picture from when I first got my elastics showing my configuration. (sorry about the quality, it took a while to really figure out how to take a decent picture of my teeth. LOL)
Good luck!!
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007