BriteSmile / Teeth Whitening

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

supahjew

BriteSmile / Teeth Whitening

#1 Post by supahjew »

BriteSmile is having a special of $349 til the end of this week. I was considering having it done. My teeth are yellow from bad hygeine when I was a kid. I got my braces off last week and thought I'd take the opportunity to take my smile a step further before college began.

Is BriteSmile worth it? A small part of it feels like it's just a huge ripoff, with the extreme testimonials and the fact they use fancy lights to supercharge the whitening process!

rexthedestroyer

#2 Post by rexthedestroyer »

If you got two weeks to spare I suggest you get some crest white strips and see how that works for you. Many people (me included) have had great results with it. THey are only $20. You might be able to save a lot of money.

rsprouse

#3 Post by rsprouse »

In office whitening is a great way to get good noticeable results fast. The best whitening process is to get custom whitening trays made by your dentist and then to whiten at home (overnight, an hour here and there, etc). I typically recommend in office if you have a function coming up (common for brides) and don't have the time to devote to at home. Trays at home are much more economical, allow you to better control the sensitivity, and allow you to control the shade better. Not white enough, wear them a few more days, too white then stop. Then you can better maintain the shade by wearing them every 3-4 weeks. For the price of an in office you can get a set of trays made at most dentists. It was mentioned to try the OTC products. Feel free to give it a try, but you will likely not see amazing results of more than a shade or in some extreme cases two shades. As always, YMMV.

Regards,
Rory

Evelyn

#4 Post by Evelyn »

Do the Crest Whitestrips...definately. Before I got my braces off, I kept thinking that I would do BriteSmile as well because I really wanted white teeth and I thought that the cheap whitestrips wouldn't do the same thing...but they do, they really do. Give em a shot before shelling all that money for britesmile

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!