Not impressed with superfloss and a Q

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Blonde_Metal04

#16 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

I am in agreement with the people who dislike superfloss...
My teeth are SO crowded, that it is really hard to pop the hard end through, and in ALWAYS shreds so I end up having to use at least 2 or 3 pieces of floss.... I am definetly trying something different next time I need to stock up.
Spacers: 08/09/2006

RainyDay2

#17 Post by RainyDay2 »

I'm hating it right now. My teeth are to sensitive. I've only been braced for a week, so it may be due to that. I much prefer the wax thread as well. I'll have to see as time goes by.

tamsteve

floss

#18 Post by tamsteve »

I didn't know the superfloss spongey part was for in between teeth!! :roll: I have so much to learn!! I really don't like it anyways so, i floss with easy glide minty floss, i have to use a threader but, i like the way it makes my teeth feel...nice and minty! I really don't think i could even get the spongey part in between my teeth. I had a really hard time at first flossing, i mean hurting bad when i did it,,,now it's a breeze :)

lionfish

#19 Post by lionfish »

I've been using superfloss since day 1 and can do both arches on one thread. It was hell to start with, but I'm used to it now. As KK says, it's pretty much the only option if you're in Oz. I think it does a good job for me.

Dramagyrl

#20 Post by Dramagyrl »

I just warmed up to the superfloss last night.
The first few weeks in braces I couldn't handle the non-wax because my teeth were tight, but now it all feeds through great. I also really prefer the stiff end because the floss threaders were driving me absolutly nuts, especially with the back molars.

tardissauce

#21 Post by tardissauce »

juf_84 wrote:so I stocked up! I did get a funny look from the check-out chick, buying $25 worth of floss....

:lol:
thats the way I have been feeling every time I go to the counter with 6 sets of everything (job1, job2, job3, home purse, boyfriends)... your post made me laugh and laugh! thanks!

I also use the super floss and have gotten used to it, seems like I always have to use more than one thread. Today I had a piece of tomato sauce stuck in my teeth and had to literally get out the tweezers and pull it out.

Kimber

Re: Aww

#22 Post by Kimber »

Dramagyrl wrote:While stocking up today I saw an electric flosser that says it's just as effective as regular floss and works great for braces.... anyone tried it or should I be sticking with this superfloss when my teeth can take it?
My mom gave me a Braun electric flosser and I've never been able to use it. The "floss" is a piece of rubber that's so thick I don't see how it would ever get between my teeth -- much less get threaded around the archwire somehow. I'm sticking to Glide or Reach.
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

Zondrae

#23 Post by Zondrae »

I know this thread is getting a bit old - but I've been given Colgate Periogard by my ortho (I'm in Aus too) & it takes some getting used to. I've also got Super Floss. I tend to use those 2 for my brackets, then floss with tape for my teeth/gums. It takes longer, but that is all I can manage right now. I've only been braced a week so maybe when I toughen up a bit I'll be able to use the thicker stuff.

I've never seen a floss threader?

Dramagyrl

#24 Post by Dramagyrl »

Lets hope this isn't a totally strange question... but what do you guys mean by floss the bracket? When I floss, I just floss. Up and under the wire and between the teeth.

Dramagyrl

#25 Post by Dramagyrl »

Okay, I do the interdential brush thing around the brackets several times a day just to make sure I don't have extra food in my teeth I might have missed when brushing.
I don't think I'll start "flossing" them though, I've had both the spongy part and the floss get caught in brackets, I'm just happy to get them between my teeth and be done with them!