New to braces Few Questions

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SDFD TSchott

New to braces Few Questions

#1 Post by SDFD TSchott »

What color was your first set of ligitures?

What color do you think would be good for a guy who is 21 years old for the first color keeping in mind I'm getting metal brackets not no clear braces!?

What colors should I stay away from?

Thanks In Advance
SDFD TSchott
Last edited by SDFD TSchott on Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

jaswi

#2 Post by jaswi »

Myself it turned out I haven't got any colors yet, just wire ties. If it were me though, assuming you have metal brackets I'd do a silver or grey to try and minimize the effect. Now that I've had these braces a few months though, soon as I can get colors I'm gonna do whatever funky colors come to mind.

PnkPrincess024

#3 Post by PnkPrincess024 »

im a 21 year old female and i have ceramic tops with metal on bottom and i always get the clear ones

Samantha08

#4 Post by Samantha08 »

I have ceramics up top so I get clear, but on bottom I have metal and I started out with blue. I think blue looks really good! Its been my favorite :)
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

I dont' have ligs but my kids always looked good in BLUE
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

mackenzie

#6 Post by mackenzie »

I'd say stick with dark colors, blues, red, maybe green, (my bro did it and it looked good but from far away it might look like lettuce haha), maybe black, or if you're like the "funny guy" pink could be funny and hot. If I was at a bar and a guy had pink braces it would make me want to talk to him because I'd think you're a fun, confident, goofy guy.

jennandtonic

#7 Post by jennandtonic »

I chose regular silver at first, but then decided to branch out. So my next color was maroon.

I'd say choose any color you like. Green tends to make the teeth look a bit more yellow than they are, but otherwise I haven't had any problem with colors I've chosen.

Try and steer clear from light colors, they tend to stain!

alexa

#8 Post by alexa »

I got my metal braces on when I was 22 (I'm now 24) and my first color choice was black and hot pink alternating....I decided if I was going to go colored, I was going to go all the way! :wink:

If you want to do the color thing, you might want to start out with a blue, or a red. Plain, but still kinda fun.

If you're nervous about it, you can just stick with black, silver or gray at first...give yourself a chance to think about the color thing a little more.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

SDFD TSchott

#9 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I've made my decision I'm going to go solid blue to start, and depending on what next holiday is coming at my first adjustment I may go different colors who knows I'll keep you up to date and will also post pictures and messeges in my new blogger which is located at: http://sdfd-tschott.blogspot.com/

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

babykitten75

#10 Post by babykitten75 »

Hey SDFD TSchott!!!

Congrats on getting braces soon!

I just got braces 8 days ago and they told me they have silver ligatures to match my silver braces so that they won't be noticeable but I just got white ones. But you gotta be careful with white if you drink a lot of coffee, pop, tea, eat curry or other foods that stain cuz then the ligatures will stain and that's not a good sight to see on your teeth. I brush and take care of my braces pretty well so they are still white but next time I want colors, maybe blue or red.

Good luck with your choice of blue and good idea about matching the ligatures with the holiday.

3 teeth extracted: Thursday, July 20, 2006
2 teeth extracted: Thursday, July 27, 2006
5 spacers put in: Tuesday, August 8, 2006
Spacers out, full braces in: Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Brace Treatment Time: 22 - 26 months.

cmm1280

#11 Post by cmm1280 »

Congrats on your new braces Babykitten and SDFD Tschott!