ligatures on clear brackets

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lemonlyme

ligatures on clear brackets

#1 Post by lemonlyme »

I'm getting the upper 6 brackets clear, but no wire in 2 weeks because of my RPE. I was wondering if any of you had this, and could you get colors without having the wire? I think having colors would cheer me up for some reason..like purple or pink --KK i LOVE yours!

kayla4644

#2 Post by kayla4644 »

ive read that a few cases have went through this and its seems normal to me

and usually they put on ligs so that it feels a bit more comfortable, cuz sometimes it can be a little jagged

just ask him/her about it!
Always listen to your heart, cause even though it's on your left, it's always right.

nita

#3 Post by nita »

It should be no problem, as long as you speak up about it. When I was getting braced, they put just my top brackets on first without a wire. The tech working on me put silver ligs on all the brackets, but if I had asked, I'm sure he would have put colors on for me. :D
Top brackets and spacers on 2/17/06
Molar bands on 3/6/06
Extractions and full braces 3/27/06
Update: 22-24 months total time in braces!