I want Clean teeth!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

beach_babe

I want Clean teeth!

#1 Post by beach_babe »

I brush 3 plus times a day, floss daily and use mouthwash twice daily, but my teeth still look dirty!! What else can i do?! Any advice will be so helpful! i don't drink much coffee or soda. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong? My teeth have been this way since I was banded!! HELP, Please!!

Kimber

#2 Post by Kimber »

I use Arm&Hammer PeroxiCare toothpaste and love it. Along with an electric toothbrush, my teeth have never felt so clean!
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

beach_babe

#3 Post by beach_babe »

i use colgate Total, and a crest spinbrush and a crest proheatlh mouthwash, but i'm willing to try anything. Thanks for the ideas!!!

texbrace

#4 Post by texbrace »

Your body might just naturally produce more tartar than normal.I had the same problem with out braces until I started using Crest Tartar control Whitening plus Scope. After i started using that tooth paste, I stopped having that problem.

rsprouse

Re: I want Clean teeth!

#5 Post by rsprouse »

I brush 3 plus times a day, floss daily and use mouthwash twice daily, but my teeth still look dirty!! What else can i do?! Any advice will be so helpful! i don't drink much coffee or soda. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong? My teeth have been this way since I was banded!! HELP, Please!!
Most stain is not easily removed at home, even with whitening or tarter control dentifrice. If it bothers you then you should schedule a cleaning with your hygienist/dentist. The medical term for the procedure is "Scaling and Prophylaxis". Sharp scalers are the only real way to remove most stain.

Regards,
Rory

Leslie022

#6 Post by Leslie022 »

Perhaps try whitening?
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

ucldbmine

#7 Post by ucldbmine »

I felt the same way seemed no matter how much I was brushing still had something on them. That's when I realized I do have something on them (other than the obvious metal) They put a sealant on my teeth before putting the braces on and you can see the circular pattern of the sealant around the edges of the brackets.

ThisIsMary

#8 Post by ThisIsMary »

that's one thing i'm looking forward to once my braces come off; the feeling of having clean teeth. It seems no matter how much you brush they still aren't clean.
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Removed September 27, 2006
Hawley top and bottom

Attagirl2

#9 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi Beach_babe. Some time back others posted on the same topic. One person said they rinsed with Targon to remove stains (it is made for smokers). I tried it, because I drink a lot of coffee and my teeth were very stained. I found that it does help. Especially if you use it morning and night. It keeps my teeth cleaner, longer after my 6 month check up/cleanings.

In addition to this, I use a plaque rinse and Colgate TOTAL tooth paste.
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

fins

#10 Post by fins »

I would recommend the plaque rinse as well. Did your ortho ok the use of whitening toothpaste with braces?

fins

#11 Post by fins »

Well, it must do something, since my ortho's office says not to use it while braced. I don't want stains left from the brackets and bands.

My teeth get pretty white and stain free from my dental cleanings which I do several times a year. Maybe increased cleanings would help?

Bianca

#12 Post by Bianca »

You don't mention a waterpik (or maybe I missed it?)

Anyways - my teeth never look or feel clean to me unless I use my waterpik. It doesn't matter how much I brush, floss and rinse, they just don't seem clean.

But the waterpik, man, that does the trick!

It's a two year process.......

beach_babe

#13 Post by beach_babe »

Thanks everybody!! I went in today to get a cleaning and feel so much better!!! I was told my teeth weren't too bad. So maybe it's just me!! Cause they still look icky on the bottom teeth in front, even after the cleaning :( Oh well 1 month left till my debanding!