accelerated orthodontic??? a faster brace solution (6months)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

battleangel232232

accelerated orthodontic??? a faster brace solution (6months)

#1 Post by battleangel232232 »

have u guys heard about this new treatment calls "accelerated orthodontic".Essentially, accelerated orthodontics can accomplish in 6 months what would normally take two years with standard braces. While the process is a little more complex, and more painful, the results are more than worth it.

for more info go here.

http://www.dentalfind.com/Accelerated_Orthodontics/

now the question is , dose this treatment fix the bimaxillary protrusion problem? where when we need to extract 4 teeths from the side and pull the teeths back afterward..

Anyone??

Gennel

#2 Post by Gennel »

I just read the link that you posted Karen. My estimated treatment time is about 2.5 yrs. If I could afford to do the accelerated orthodontics and have a treatment time oft 12 months or less. I would NOT do it! It sounds like there is much more pain in less amount of treatment time. Also having to be on liquids and soft foods for so many months? Maybe if the surgery was not involved that might be a consideration. From what I read the surgery cost like $4,000 and the braces cost about $5,000
I don't see how that is "about the same price" as traditional braces.

Gennel

jcdamon3

#3 Post by jcdamon3 »

There is someone who wrote a letter that Lynn put in the "braces off" stories. She said if she had to do it again, she would not have done it. That may be who you are thinking of KK.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!