I am sooo Hungry!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tardissauce

#16 Post by tardissauce »

Thanks for the tip, my ortho said they wanted me to go easy on the wax - they even told me I wasn't allowed any wax on the first day. Its no reflection on them - they are the BEST and most expensive ortho in the city (NYC) thank god for insurance. So go figure. Is there any tips for keeping the wax on while you eat mine just comes right off?

tardissauce

#17 Post by tardissauce »

My only worry is I am cruising through this wax like an addict! :Questions:
Anyone have a super secret source for thier dental wax that is no too pricey?

Kimber

#18 Post by Kimber »

On wax, though I haven't tried this I've heard that in case of emergencies, you can substitute a piece of sugarless gum.

I pleaded with my ortho for an extra two of those little containers because I went through the first so fast, and now that the old mouth toughened up, I've hardly touched them. So hopefully in no time you'll be able to cut back on the wax.
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

jetxness

#19 Post by jetxness »

soy milk bases smoothies would be a non-dairy option.

if you don't like soy milk i would encourage trying rice milk (some ppl like it a lot better...and often it can be bought fortified)

tardissauce

#20 Post by tardissauce »

I took all of your advice and this was the result:

one "magic bullet" blender (yes, the one on TV) Macy's had it.
one can of "SPIRU-TEIN" strawberry shake mix (has lots of vitamins)
a much bigger carton of soymilk than I usually buy
one teensie bucket of soy ice cream (I've never really eaten ice cream, even pre-braces; never really thought much of it, but it really helps with the soreness)
Several types of Amy's organic soups

Funny thing is now that I have this whole new system down, I actually started eating more regular foods today. :D

Thanks guys for all the great advice, I love that everyone on here has such a great sense of humor. Really helps!

Kimber

#21 Post by Kimber »

Funny thing is now that I have this whole new system down, I actually started eating more regular foods today.
Isn't that the truth! :-) But in no time you'll be getting nice adjustments that might send you back to the soft stuff for a few days.

I thought of another thing to add to the list as I was browsing through the supermarket in search of edibles (since I got my bottom backets on today) -- polenta. I also found a can of refried beans with green chiles to go with the Amy's cheese enchilladas.
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

wiredkitty

#22 Post by wiredkitty »

I'm enjoying intstant noodles with tuna and mayo right now! Risotto is also good. And I agree refried beans are great too! Anything like that you can just spoon in behind your teeth and suck it down!

lionfish

#23 Post by lionfish »

It must be time for lunch, then!

I love polenta, especially with lamb shanks.

Silverwolftec2006

Eatting food again...

#24 Post by Silverwolftec2006 »

I am the last person to tell you about eatting mushy food the very first day or so of braces. I managed to chow down on egg salad and a half of a steak and cheese sandwich. I can tell you that I have had days were food was my worse enemy, especially after they put that horrid A chain on my upper left and right canines and bottoms too. Major ouch!! My teeth were so grumpy I had to manage with oatmeal and scrambled eggs for two days. I was not a happy camper!!!

Generally I eat most anything I can eat with out getting into much trouble with my ortho. I love to eat Cheerios and other types of no-no's with out milk or something to soften them. I am very carefull when I eat those things because I don't want to bend my wires. I now eat steak, pork chops, and other foods that require more chewing on my back teeth. It does get better as time goes on, but I won't kid you about eatting and getting certain adjustments for the first few days.. It is a major kill joy!! Best of wishes..
Dare to Dream. Work hard to Succeed. Remember to smile!!
It makes people wonder what you are up to!

[/url]