Exciting news!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blondie111

Exciting news!

#1 Post by blondie111 »

I got engaged over the weekend!!! Yahooooo! :jump:

I also had my 2nd adjustment yesterday, and oh boy, my mouth is sore. Got a rectangular or square wire on top... not sure what that's for... anyone have one? He siad my teeth are looking good though...

So I asked my ortho about getting the braces off for the wedding, and he said he could take the top off for the weekend. SWEET! But of course, for an extra fee....

Just had to share! :D

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Congrats on the engagment!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

florencegal

#3 Post by florencegal »

Congratulations! That's wonderful, you must be so happy - I hope you celebrate such happy news in good style, best wishes x

kayla4644

#4 Post by kayla4644 »

hi, congratulations!! :D
i have a rectangular arch wire and my ortho said it was the final stage, it will hold them in place so that they can settle in that position a bit and then prolly after a month of that wire i can get my braces off.

i dont know if thats the same for u but thats why i have mine.
Always listen to your heart, cause even though it's on your left, it's always right.

fitchick

#5 Post by fitchick »

Congratulations on your engagement from me too.

I can't help about the wire, I'm heading towards adjustment 2 and I'm not sure what surprises are waiting at mine!

Best Wishes to you both,

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikkiekoala

#6 Post by Nikkiekoala »

kayla4644 wrote:hi, congratulations!! :D
i have a rectangular arch wire and my ortho said it was the final stage, it will hold them in place so that they can settle in that position a bit and then prolly after a month of that wire i can get my braces off.
A rectangle wire doesn't necessarily mean the final stage. I have been in rectangle wires since my 3rd adjustment. There are different sizes of rectangle wires. I am at the thickest now and have about a year left.

Congrats. on your engagement Blondie111

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

Zondrae

#7 Post by Zondrae »

congratulations on your engagement!

kayla4644

#8 Post by kayla4644 »

A rectangle wire doesn't necessarily mean the final stage. I have been in rectangle wires since my 3rd adjustment. There are different sizes of rectangle wires. I am at the thickest now and have about a year left.

Congrats. on your engagement Blondie111
yeah thats why i said
cuz i wasnt sure, different treatment and people means different reasons
Always listen to your heart, cause even though it's on your left, it's always right.

wiredkitty

#9 Post by wiredkitty »

Congratulations :rawk: - being engaged is the best feeling ever!

I'm also 32 and been married since November and have had braces on for 2 weeks now. I started investigating braces before we got engaged and my ortho is a friend of ours so at our engagement party he said "what do you want to do about the braces now?" He said I may look worse before i look better so we decided to put it on hold til after the wedding. Of course then I had to get more x-rays etc done, and get my wisdom tooth out so its been a long process!

I heard you could get them taken off for special occasions. Have you set a date yet?

RainyDay2

#10 Post by RainyDay2 »

congratulations Blondie!!!

sharonm

#11 Post by sharonm »

Congrats on your engagement!!!!That's brilliant :D :D :D

nimo

#12 Post by nimo »

Congratulations, married life is grand!!!!

And I LOVE square wires. They get things moving fast! The first time I had them on top and bottom I felt like the left side of my face was going to fall off, but I had tons and tons of movement.
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008