Bessie the Canine finally gets her bracket

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gena

Bessie the Canine finally gets her bracket

#1 Post by gena »

Well, yesterday was a day I have been waiting on for 3 years and it finally happened. Bessie the canine was finally close enough to place a bracket and put in the archwire. She's still not positioned exactly right and I'll probably have to have some gum tissue removed but this is definitely a milestone!!!! These are just a few photos to show how far she really had to come because she was impacted in the palette . . .

gena

Thanks Karen

#2 Post by gena »

You're the best cheerleader ever!!! :D

~CanadianChick~

#3 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

Thats wicked!!! Bessie sure has come a long way!!! G'luck!!Looks great!
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~

mackenzie

#4 Post by mackenzie »

Wow that is seriously AMAZING! I didn't know a tooth could move that far. That's crazy CONGRATS!

hannah164

#5 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations to you Gena and Bessie! She has made such great progress! I definitely understand how frustrating this is! I had 2 impacted teeth, Becca, Lisa, and my latest "Billy"! haha :lol: Billy was just bracketed and he's coming along quite nicely! I've never seen an ortho try to bring an impacted tooth down like that! But it looks like it worked! Hope Bessie keeps it up! :wink:

~hAnnah

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

wiredkitty

#6 Post by wiredkitty »

so you can teach an old dog new tricks huh? (sorry, someone had to say it) :-88

gena

#7 Post by gena »

Thanks guys for all your support. It really is amazing that a tooth can be moved that far isn't it? I'm just thankful for my ortho. He is so patient and is a stickler for perfection. He was telling me about one of his cases that had failed and it was almost like he was in tears for not being able to accomplish his goal. He chimed out "Hallelujah!" when I opened my mouth and he realized it was time for the bracket.

I hope all of you other canine'ers out there have the same luck I did. I'm living proof that patience is a virtue because she has been bracketed and engaged for 2 years.

Now it's about time for me to go back to that hateful dentist that told me it would never work and show him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

fyrelight

#8 Post by fyrelight »

Congratulations!!!!!
Pamela W.
FORMER IMPACTED CANINES,

snaggletooth steve

#9 Post by snaggletooth steve »

Awesome story! Can't wait to see the results in the coming year. :o

Steve

Way Too Old For This

#10 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Now it's about time for me to go back to that hateful dentist that told me it would never work and show him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same here. My (former) dentist said the same thing.

Congratulations Gena. That was a very long journey for Bessie. Can't wait to see her in the line up.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

lillie32

Oh my Gosh!

#11 Post by lillie32 »

Hello, nice to meet you. I just joined today. I too will be getting a chain put in, in a couple of weeks. I have two canines to be exposed. My right one is fine. My left one is the trouble maker, though. He's in there horizontally (don't ask), and so this was what lead to me getting braces last Friday (six days ago to be exact).

[/url]

gena

#12 Post by gena »

Mine was actually horizontally impacted in my palete too. The ortho first used a "mousetrap" to pull the tooth down. Then had to rotate it and pull it toward the position needed to be in with elastic threads. It was bonded and engaged for 2 years before it finally made it to where it is now. Took a long time but it was well worth it. Hopefully yours will be as sucessful as mine was---and maybe it will happen a little quicker.

Good Luck!
Gena

lillie32

Wow!

#13 Post by lillie32 »

Wow! - 2 years?! That's a long time. I'm so ready to have these things off, and it's only been one week and 1 day-can't imagine having to wait that long. The ortho said 16-18 months for the treatment. Hope it will be sooner, though. I just can't imagine how this tooth will come into it's proper place from the position it's in now. But I keep trying to remind myself of other's success stories, which were similar to mine. That's what keeps me going.

I bet it will hurt when the tooth comes in through the roof of my mouth?! But at least it will be my own teeth, and not implants or bridges-that's worth it going through this!!!

Eleni

#14 Post by Eleni »

Congratulations gena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting that canine bracketed is definitely a mile stone. It also means so much positive progress is up ahead. Best of luck on the remaining journey.
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

jennielee81

#15 Post by jennielee81 »

I am always so amazed by all of you impacted-canine people.

This is a BIG EVENT!!!!!

Does anyone in your "normal world" find it as cool as we do here at "archwired world"?
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm