anyone have teeth extracted to make room?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Babe

anyone have teeth extracted to make room?

#1 Post by Babe »

Has anyone had teeth extracted to make more room in their mouth? If so how did it go and did it change your face?

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Babe I had four molars removed, the first two that they removed on the 8th of this month was painful they didnt' drug me up enough, the second two they were out without me even noticeing so some times you'll be in pain for the first day or two but after that you shoulden't be in any kind of pain.

As for changing my face, nope my face is still the same no change there.

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

fitchick

#3 Post by fitchick »

Hi Babe,

I haven't yet had my extractions but I have to have 2 out before my uppers are braced. I won't need it done for another 6 mths or so, so if you have yours done ahead of me, will you post how it went? I don't like the idea of that PAIN word!

Good Luck with your treatment, I'm sure it will be fine.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babe

#4 Post by Babe »

Thanks for the replies.

I have my consult on Friday. I will find out if I need teeth out to help my lip strain. (I was told that when I was younger). This will be my third time with braces..ugh :-+ I'll let you know how it goes.

Henna_the_braceface

#5 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

Hi i had 4 premolars removed and it didn't change my looks one bit. :D

fitchick

#6 Post by fitchick »

That's reassuring Henna, Thanks.

I look forward to hearing what they have to say too Babe, hopefully you won't need the extractions.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babykitten75

#7 Post by babykitten75 »

Hi Babe

I was one of the unfortunate ones that had to get 5 teeth extracted because they said I am a small girl with a small jaw so to make room, they need to pull out a few teeth. Boy was I shocked to hear they meant 5 TEETH! I thought, geez, am I gonna have any teeth left and is it worth it? Well, I have only had my braces for a week and a day and they said one of the reasons why my teeth got crooked in the first place is because I didn't have enough room for my teeth to grow STRAIGHT. That makes sense so I'm hoping they are right and my teeth will look darn good when the braces come off.

As for my face looking different, no, it didn't change my face shape at all but once all my teeth are straight after the braces, I will have a better face shape than now - supposedly. I don't even know what they mean by that cause my face shape looks okay to me but I guess if it's gonna make it look better, I can't complain!

Well, I wish you luck with everything!

Joual

#8 Post by Joual »

I have to get 4 premolars extracted. They're waiting for my dental insurance paperwork to go through, then they'll schedule the extractions.

beach_babe

#9 Post by beach_babe »

I had 4 premolars extracted at the same time. It wasn't so bad...until i went into shock! Note, eat food before going in to get your extractions.

rdms_girl

#10 Post by rdms_girl »

Hi! I had 4 teeth extracted with no changes to my facial profile. It wasn't a bad procedure, but my dentist gave me Ativan to take the night before and day of and to be quite honest, I don't remember a thing!!! :lol:

Dramagyrl

#11 Post by Dramagyrl »

I had four extractions with no problem, it's the braces adjusting my jaw that are altering my profile.

SDFD TSchott

#12 Post by SDFD TSchott »

beach_babe wrote:I had 4 premolars extracted at the same time. It wasn't so bad...until i went into shock! Note, eat food before going in to get your extractions.
Before extractions your not allowed to eat food 6 hours prior to your extractions, you will just end up up-chucking that food during the extraction process, so thats what the dentist told me!

SDFD TSchott

SDFD TSchott

#13 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Hmm thats odd, my dentist told me not to eat 6 hrs prior to extractions and 6 hrs after extractions. So I did just that and I only had four molars extracted.

SDFD TSchott

noppi

=)

#14 Post by noppi »

I got 4 teeth pulled out. I got the 2nd bicuspids removed. It went pretty well. My dentist was sweating though. But went relatively smoothly and no problems. Nothing to worry about.

Pulling the teeth themselves didn't change the shape of my face. However, with braces, that changed my jaw and stuff. But in my case it's better. My teeth were kind of bucky a little bit and I felt dorky. My profile wasn't that great, but now my upper lip and chin are more straight up and down instead of jetting out. And my chin is being more shaped as my gaps close.
11/11/05~8 Spacers
11/21/05~Spacers off, 8 metal bands
01/13/06~Braces
04/13/06~4 extract
04/18/06~1st adjust after extract

Kimber

#15 Post by Kimber »

I'm guessing that whether or not you can eat before extractions might have to do with whatever they give you to kill the pain or sedate you??
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!