anyone have teeth extracted to make room?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SDFD TSchott

#16 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Hmm thats odd, my dentist told me not to eat 6 hrs prior to extractions and 6 hrs after extractions. So I did just that and I only had four molars extracted.

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

noppi

=)

#17 Post by noppi »

I got 4 teeth pulled out. I got the 2nd bicuspids removed. It went pretty well. My dentist was sweating though. But went relatively smoothly and no problems. Nothing to worry about.

Pulling the teeth themselves didn't change the shape of my face. However, with braces, that changed my jaw and stuff. But in my case it's better. My teeth were kind of bucky a little bit and I felt dorky. My profile wasn't that great, but now my upper lip and chin are more straight up and down instead of jetting out. And my chin is being more shaped as my gaps close.
11/11/05~8 Spacers
11/21/05~Spacers off, 8 metal bands
01/13/06~Braces
04/13/06~4 extract
04/18/06~1st adjust after extract

Kimber

#18 Post by Kimber »

I'm guessing that whether or not you can eat before extractions might have to do with whatever they give you to kill the pain or sedate you??
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

SDFD TSchott

#19 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I had local anesthetics before my extractions but still was told NOT to eat 6 hrs before and 6 hrs after, but every dentist is different.

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

beach_babe

#20 Post by beach_babe »

I wasn't told anything but not to drink on a straw afterward. no pain medication besides novacaine. I remember trying to stand up afterward and the world started to move. I was told i was supposed to eat breakfast, well no one told me. they gave me orange juice and this old nasty dentist was bringing my kness to my chest! talk about awkward! I went home and slept the rest of the day. Be Sure to ask your dentist before you go and follow those orders! They are IMPORTANT! and my profile didn't change until later

Fran1988

#21 Post by Fran1988 »

luckly i didn't need any teeth extracted, however my ortho reshaped my front teeth to create a small space for teeth to adjust.