Normal to have no pain when braces go on?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dilvala21

Normal to have no pain when braces go on?

#1 Post by dilvala21 »

I have a deep overbite, one very out of line tooth, and everything else is normal that i know.

the thing is that my spacers went in on 6/6/06, and first day i couldn't eat anything due to not being able to chew. second day a little better and was back to normal eating within 3 days.

top braces were put in on 6/20/06 to my surprise i was able to eat the same day, i basically put the food and chew on the molars. day 2 and forward was able to everything.

the wierd thing is that no pain at all. i have read and heard all the horror story. i will post my pic when i get some time but for now i like to if that's normal or not.

my crooked tooth is slanted in about 1 inch from where it should be, measuring from the bottom of the tooth that is crooked to one that is inline. :?:

here is the pic

Last edited by dilvala21 on Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akabraces

#2 Post by akabraces »

That's not unusual at all--in fact alot of us here haven't had pain -- at all -- from our braces (yet?)...

We're all different, you might find that you have some pain in a few days, or in a few months, totally depends...

Enjoy it for now : )

*aka

jzaboo

no pain at all

#3 Post by jzaboo »

Frankly, I was hoping for some pain and misery because I kept hearing all these stories about people losing weight when they get theirs on. So I may lose some pounds because it's a pain to clean them, but thats the only pain so far. Next month I'm getting spacers and bands on my back molars, and the only think I can eat is crow. :wink:

lionfish

Re: no pain at all

#4 Post by lionfish »

jzaboo wrote:Frankly, I was hoping for some pain and misery because I kept hearing all these stories about people losing weight when they get theirs on. So I may lose some pounds because it's a pain to clean them, but thats the only pain so far. Next month I'm getting spacers and bands on my back molars, and the only think I can eat is crow. :wink:
Bummer, hey? :wink: I thought I'd drop a bit of weight as well. I did dump an initial 3 kgs, but seem to have "stabilised".

dilvala11

#5 Post by dilvala11 »

update pic

2 months

Zondrae

#6 Post by Zondrae »

wow you are getting some great movement there! Are you still pain free? Thanks for the update.

egoh510

#7 Post by egoh510 »

Hi :)
Glad that you are not feeling any soreness or pain :D it's not unusual -- it's very dependent on the person and their tolerance of pain. I have braces and have to say i'm lucky cuz it's a walk in the park for me, no pain or soreness (sometimes i feel some soreness, but it goes away within a day or so... ) So i just eat whatever (yes...even the "forbidden" foods) lol
Good luck on your treatment :D
Ceramics Brackets
Braces On: 11/22/04
Braces Off: 09/25/06 :)

sharonm

#8 Post by sharonm »

I have had braces on for 2 days and haven't had any pain.I did just try to eat and it was a struggle to chew.I am not going to try that again for a while.Plus I ended up with a whole lot of stuff in my teeth.Thank God I got an irrigator.

Fran1988

#9 Post by Fran1988 »

Ive had my braces on since beginning of may. I didn't suffer from any pain when they were frist put on and i havent suffered any as of yet ... maybe i am just lucky. Most of the time i don't even notice my braces, I don't see the fuss that everyone seems to go on about with "braces hurting" etc. I could easily have them on for a very long time.