How to stop biting cheek?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jbjalways

How to stop biting cheek?

#1 Post by jbjalways »

I've noticed the past couple of days I am biting my cheek on one side. How can you stop that? Wax? It's really sore now and raw.

7/7/06 Damon 3's on top, Damon 2's on bottom
03/18/08 Naked

jbjalways

Thanks

#2 Post by jbjalways »

Thanks for the advice, I will try that. It's like a mine field in my mouth, one sore spot one day then another the next and etc. Hoping that means things are moving. lol

7/7/06 Damon 3's on top, Damon 2's on bottom
03/18/08 Naked

Kimber

#3 Post by Kimber »

I had the same problem when I first got braced. On one side whenever I tried to eat, while chewing I'd chop down on the side of my mouth instead of the piece of food. Ouch! I finally learned to chew on THAT side only and always keep a wad of food there when chewing so the inside of my mouth couldn't get between the teeth and brackets. I don't have problems anymore, though. I guess my mouth learned to stay out of the way!

Good luck!
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!