Braces Buddy for Aug.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Katiari

#16 Post by Katiari »

Cor1, sounds like you and I are in the same boat when it comes to symptoms! I have had 5 teeth removed (including all my wisdom teeth) and have a severe crowding issue and small jaws. Join the J.A.B.M.E. club! :)

JettaDriver

#17 Post by JettaDriver »

I'm getting braced next Tuesday also, if all goes well. I'm so ready, but scared.

I go in for my post teeth extraction check-up in a few hours. Then tomorrow I get my spacers :( and next Tuesday I'll be a brace face.
Yikes!

Have you taken before pics yet?
I'll be doing that this evening.

Let's keep each other updated.

Brenda, who'll be spending the next 22 months in braces

hippyhippo

Re: Braces Buddy for Aug.

#18 Post by hippyhippo »

Hi. I was just wondering if there is anyone else getting braced on Aug. 1st.? Or any time in Aug. will do. Just looking for a braces buddy!
Not sure when my braces date is going to be yet, but I'm hoping that it is in August. The sooner I get them on, the sooner I get them off is the way I see it!

I'm crossing my fingers I'll be able to find out on the 26th July what the big plan is regarding my teeth!

BraceFace12

#19 Post by BraceFace12 »

Well obviously this doesn't count but my two year anniversary is august 12th!
Top Braces-8-12-04
Oral Surgery-6-3-05
Bottom Braces-11-15-05
Braces Off-8-22-06!

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears.

Katiari

#20 Post by Katiari »

And we would all gladly trade brace-places with you Braceface!

MsTee

#21 Post by MsTee »

bracedagain,

I too get braced on Tue. Aug. 1. I got my spacers put on this past Fri...I am so ready to rip these things out! :lol:

How did it go when you got yours put in? How are you holding up? I remember you said your ortho was going on vaca...

lorih

Getting braced this morning

#22 Post by lorih »

I'm nervous. I'll have the full set put on today. Pretty close to Aug 1. I had 4 extractions last week and spacers placed. I'd really like to keep in touch as to our progress. I will post pics prebraces and after I get them put on. :)

MsTee

#23 Post by MsTee »

Yes, I am getting all metal as well. I decided to save $$$ as opposed to paying extra for ceramics...plus I know the metal braces are smaller. I have a couple of co-workers in metal and they look great on them! I am excited about experimenting with different colored ligs.

I will definitely be posting pics and sharing my experience with you all...can't wait to keep in touch with our braces buddies! :D
Last edited by MsTee on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsTee

Gaps and underbite
Metals Top & Bottom

shinysharon

new braces

#24 Post by shinysharon »

I get braces on tuesday, realy nervouse had the seperaters on e week now and hope braces are more comftable, good luck to the 2 of you

Sharon

the_bufster84

#25 Post by the_bufster84 »

Hey,

I'd love to be your braces buddy. I get Braced Aug 11th and cant wait. Good luck for 2moro

K

Upper Ceramics

ShinySmile

#26 Post by ShinySmile »

I'm getting braced on Thursday! (August 3rd-- top braces for now!) :-1

6/27/2006-- RPE cemented

MsTee

#27 Post by MsTee »

^^^Yay, another buddy! Good luck and happy b-day! Be sure to keep us posted. :o
MsTee

Gaps and underbite
Metals Top & Bottom

chelsea28

#28 Post by chelsea28 »

LETS BE BRACES BUDDIES!
Im getting my braces august 3rd
im TERRIFIED! :D

jenfire

#29 Post by jenfire »

Good luck tomorrow (B-day), bracedagain. I hope both of us have good experiences getting our braces. I look forward to hearing about your experience.

~jenfire :)
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

wiredkitty

#30 Post by wiredkitty »

I wanna join this brace buddy club too please! I got my braces on August 10th and the first two weeks were awful but I'm getting used to it now. I have to have surgery after a year to move my lower jaw forward.

I'm a 32yr old kiwi and love this forum - its so nice to know I'm not alone.

hippyhippo - what surgery are you having? you mentioned it in one of your posts. I'm getting titanium plates in my lower jaw to move it forward to align lower teeth with upper teeth. Should happen in a years time. I thought your teeth were similar to mine and wondered if you were getting the same operation too.

32yr old Kiwi
Braces on 10 August 06
1st adjustment 21 Sept 06
2nd adjustment 6 Nov 06
Surgery in a year
Expected treatment time: 24 months