First Adjustment Tomorrow :s

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dramagyrl

First Adjustment Tomorrow :s

#1 Post by Dramagyrl »

I'm a bit nervous about my first adjustment.
1) I've still been experiencing some pain from movement in my mouth
2) I've got a lot of sores going on and don't need more pressure pain
3) If the day I got the braces is any indication, I'm going to be feeling rotten. I'll still have to go back to work after the adjustment and finish the work week. When I got the braces I was on holidays, so I had a couple days to laze around, mope and recoupe before heading back to the grindstone.

I'm nervous about the pain and feeling terrible more than anything. It's also likely I'll be back off some of the solids I can finally eat and I'll be so disappointed to see that happen.

I usually use Advil Liquigels for pain, but they haven't done much in terms of my dental pain. Any other suggestions to take before the adjustment?
Would it complicate things if I rubbed a thin layer of Anbesol or something like that on my gums just before I go in? That way the pressure of the wire (when they curl the back ends and it feels like your teeth are about to break in half for a brief moment) won't feel so bad. I won't do it if it could be a problem for them getting in there and doing their work, but I'd sure like to do something to prevent the initial pain....

hathetran

#2 Post by hathetran »

i was nervous too but you'll get used to it! you'll notice the changes in no time!