jet, how did they fix that midline???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chrisd

jet, how did they fix that midline???

#1 Post by chrisd »

hi jet, first your teeth look awsome. i am about to start braces, mainly to correct my bite and a upper midline off to the left and lower off to the right. how did they correct Your midline? elastics only? what configuration. thanks for any help. i am very excited to get going!!!
chris

Jetgirl

#2 Post by Jetgirl »

Hey Chris! Thanks! Most of the two years I spent in braces was to finish correcting the midline. My crooked teeth shifted into place fairly quickly but those darned midlines are subborn!

I think I started wearing elastics around month 5, and wore them all the way up until a few months before I got my braces off. I kept a photo journal online here if you're interested in the progress. I never got around to updating my more recent pictures, but that covers the first 18 months.

I had one elastic on the upper left canine that connected to the lower left molar. On the right side he started me out with the same configuration, and then told me to stop wearing it on that side. Later he had me wear an elastic on the right side again, but in the reverse configuration (lower right canine to upper right molar). You should be able to see the configuration from the pictures from months 5, 6, and 7.

Elastics were such a pain to start out with, but you will get used to them, promise!

chrisd

#3 Post by chrisd »

thanks, iget the idea now. we'll see how it goes. i cant wait to get started! waiting is hard lol
chris

hathetran

#4 Post by hathetran »

haha..yea..waiting is the hardest part!!!

Henna_the_braceface

#5 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

I've got elastics to fix my midline at the minute. 2 on the left side and 1 on the right.

DizzyKitty

#6 Post by DizzyKitty »

I am wearing one from my upper right canine to my lower back molar to fix my midline. This is the second round and it was to the bottom 2nd molar before and it hadn't moved (that I could see). The assistant asked if I was wearing them as scheduled. Of course I am...I never take them out, even to eat. I always follow all instructions to a T...after all, I am paying 100% of this. So they moved it to the next molar back to see if that creates more movement.

I was scared it was setting me back but I see now that someone said they are stubborn to move so I feel a little better now.
- Dizzy