What Q's Should I ask

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SDFD TSchott

What Q's Should I ask

#1 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I was just woundering, does anyone here know what type of questions I should ask the orthodontist before getting braced.

I already paid $500 towards a downpayment for start of orthodontic treatment and had a deep cleaning which cost me only $15.00 and then I had four molars removed costing me $100.00

Grand Total So Far: $615.00

What questions should I ask the orthodontist?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I got bored tonight and created something for this site check it out here:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Responces about questions to ask will be greatly appreciated!

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Kimber

#2 Post by Kimber »

Wow, there are so many questions to ask, but basically I'd suggest the following:

How long?
How much? Payment plans?
What types of braces, hardware are you looking at? (ask to see models -- that often helps) Are nasty things like expanders or headgear in your future at all?
If you have an emergency (break something in there) what do you do? ie How easy is it to get ahold of someone on the weekend?
What exactly will they be attempting to correct for you?
How long will you go between adjustments?

If you're still trying to determine if this is the right ortho for you, you might also want to ask about their experience with problems similar to your own, how many adults they see, how long they've been in practice. From this discussion, you should get a good idea if this is someone who will take the time to answer your questions -- and who answers them in a way that you can understand!

I also looked around the office -- is it spotless? are the employees there friendly and happy? do the other patients seem satisfied?

I'm sure others will have more great suggestions.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Spacers June 1, 2006
Braces on top June 8, 2006
Braces on bottom August 21, 2006
Only two years to go!

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I've checked out the office, its always cleaned and organized, I even got a tour of areas other patients arn't allowed in like the x-ray deveoping room and so on. The staff is excellent and are very curtious and will be awesome to deal with I'm assuming after the first few appointments I've had with them.

I already been told that I will have full metal braces for approximently 12-24 months, costing me $2,985.00 with monthly payments of $125.00 a month. I will be sure to ask those other questions on the day I get braced. Like How long will I be between adjustments, emergency contact, and hopefully I won't have to deal with headgear.

SDFD TSchott

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I've had three consoltations and I did choose the one that seemed more reasonable and fair, I know the first appointment wiht the first ortho I had said no extractions, well I had 2 molars that needed extractions anyways cause they were in bad shape. So I went to another ortho they said extractions and the total cost would be $6,000 and I'd be in braces for 4 years. 4 Years for very little work I highly doubt it so I went to a third and a fourth the third was reasonably cheap, $1,478 for 1 year and the fourth sounded much more reasonable and fair at $3.000 and 18-24 months, that definantly sounded like the one, and the staff at all the first 3 were a little on the non-friendly side.

SDFD TSchott

joney

#5 Post by joney »

Hi SDFD Tschott

Somebody else asked this question a while ago. Look at

viewtopic.php?t=12951

Hope this helps.

Great pic with the teeth.

Regards