not nearly as bad as I thought

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mj'smom

not nearly as bad as I thought

#1 Post by mj'smom »

You know, braces aren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be. Sure, in the beginning it hurt to bite down, but so far the adjustments have been a breeze. I've had my top braces for about 5 months now, and am supposed to get the bottom braces in a couple of weeks. I have become used to them so quick, I just can't imagine how it will feel not to have them.

Dreamer

#2 Post by Dreamer »

We got our braces about the same time and I thought the same thing until Tuesday when they put in the top closing loop wire to pull the extraction gaps together. Oh man, instead of cutting the wire at the back she used some kind of pliers to do a pigtail loop to tighten the wire..it hurt sooo bad! Have you had to have that yet?
full metal braces 4/26/05~~debanded 12/13/07!
12/13/07 bonded retainers + wrap around hawley

Grapefruit

#3 Post by Grapefruit »

Yea, the first couple of months didn't really bother me as well, i've had my braces for almost 2 yrs, so yea, I'm pretty used to them now, but I can't WAIT till they're gone! Sometimes they will put some new appliance on your teeth or some new elastics and it will really hurt for like 3 days. I would say about 60%-70% of my adjustments included pain lol. I'm happy that you're not in pain!! :-1
--i luv sports.......and shoes--

doglover1395

#4 Post by doglover1395 »

Yeah, it usually doesn't hurt me too much to get my braces adjusted. Yesterday I got the same thing done as Dreamer (closing wire and pigtail loops at the end). My teeth are now throbbing. The amount of pain that I feel depends on the adjustment and what they do. After some adjustments I barely feel it and after others my teeth really hurt.
Braced: 3/4/05
Debraced: 5/21/07
Sentence: 26 months

hathetran

#5 Post by hathetran »

yea they're not as bad as i thought either..yippie!