A question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Willz

A question

#1 Post by Willz »

I have a question for you all. I have braces on both the top and the bottom teeth. I’m coming up to my 2nd adjustment next week. I don’t go a day where my teeth aren’t aching. Its different places each day. Is that normal? :?

Michal

#2 Post by Michal »

Willz
I think it's different for everyone. There are days I hurt all over and then are days I don't hurt at all. I've had times that I haven't had any pain on a wire up until a couple of days before the next adjustment. When I do have pain, it's always different. I look at it as a good thing, teeth are moving. I just pop a Motrin and eat something soft for a day or two. I hope this helps. Good luck. :D

3M Clarity up front, rest metal--20 Jan 2006
Debraced 20 Apr 2007, 15 months total in Braces

fitchick

#3 Post by fitchick »

Hi Willz

I hope it is normal, because I have that same dull ache too! I've had aches in my lowers since a week after my 1st adjustment. I assume it is where the teeth are moving and resisting their new positions, it would make sense why the treatment takes so long I guess. Keep thinking more aches mean more movement, that's what I'm convincing myself. Pain relief pills will help for the days when its more pain than normal, but for the dull ache I massage my gums with my electric toothbrush. I do hope your mouth settles soon.

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

#4 Post by Chris »

After 2 YEARS I still have teeth that hurt on and off. Some more ON than OFF. :roll: I also have pain BEFORE adjustments and not just after an adjustment. Have no idea whats going on in there; perhaps the teeth know that an adjustment is near and start to "whine". :lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

hathetran

#5 Post by hathetran »

it doesnt always hurt when you get an adjustment...it varies each time

Eleni

Re: A question

#6 Post by Eleni »

Willz wrote:I have a question for you all. I have braces on both the top and the bottom teeth. I’m coming up to my 2nd adjustment next week. I don’t go a day where my teeth aren’t aching. Its different places each day. Is that normal? :?
Yes. Random teeth will be sore for any number of days in between adjustments for the duration of your braces treatment.

I personally loved that feeling because it meant movement was happening quickly and thus the results of that movement would show up soon.
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

Dramagyrl

#7 Post by Dramagyrl »

I'm with Eleni.
The pain jumps around a lot for me and sometimes it's really uncomfortable, others it's almost unbearable. But I just remind myself the movement means progress. When I can identify which tooth it is, I remember to look a few days later and sometimes I can see the progress that made the pain at the time all worth it!! :) :dance: