ArchWired Reaches its Millionth Reader!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dramagyrl

#16 Post by Dramagyrl »

I don't think my journey with braces as an adult would have gone as smooth without the help and support of the people on the board. The links and information on anything I could possibly think of have been a guidance and confidence builder through the process. I feel like I'm much more educated too, so I always have something intelligent and positive to say to people who ask me about my braces out of interest or because they are considering getting braced themselves. What a wonderful site to have stumbled on for information, and I plan to stay on board for the whole process! Thanks so much!

lionfish

#17 Post by lionfish »

Congratulations on a fine achievement, Lynn.

Without this site, I would not have embarked on my braces journey. I just didn't have the confidence to do it. Knowing that there were other 50 plus year olds out there going through this, plus the unlimited support one gets from people on this board, gave me the courage to take the plunge. I've always wanted better function and cosmetic improvement, and now I'm getting it.

Samantha08

#18 Post by Samantha08 »

YAY FOR ARCHWIRED!!!!! :banana: :banana:
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

bbsadmin

#19 Post by bbsadmin »

You know, when I first started the site, I had no idea that it would mean so much to so many people, or how big the message board would get! I also had never anticipated that the information would truly help people decide whether they wanted to start orthodontic treatment. It really astounds me. And I suppose it goes to show that there really was a need for a site like this.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Way Too Old For This

#20 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Lynn
Wow, congrats on hitting the million mark. I found this site very shortly after getting my braces. After getting them I was so interested in how they worked that I started looking for information on the internet and found this site. The knowledge I have gotten from everyone on this site has helped me so much. I have not been very surprised at any of my ortho adjustments because whatever they do to me I have already read about someone else receiving the same treatment, and why. Even my orthodontist told me I have 'matured a lot as a patient', and I think a lot of that is from knowledge gained here.

Thanks for all your hard work Lynn. And oh, by the way, I really DID think I was the oldest person who ever got braces before I joined this site! Even though my ortho told me there were lots of people my age getting braces, I didn't believe him. Little did I know I would find them, and think of them as my internet braces fraternity!

Thanks also to all the supporters who give unending encouragement! It really helps!
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

hathetran

#21 Post by hathetran »

woo..1 million readers!! congrats!!

Eleni

#22 Post by Eleni »

You know, when I first started the site, I had no idea that it would mean so much to so many people, or how big the message board would get! I also had never anticipated that the information would truly help people decide whether they wanted to start orthodontic treatment. It really astounds me. And I suppose it goes to show that there really was a need for a site like this.
It's not that you just put up a site, it's the care with which you maintained it, the enhancements that you kept adding (jokes, polls, the board), the input that you took for articles or DentaKit additions, etc.

You listened and made us a part of your journey and then everyone else's. You used the Internet in the best way, by allowed everyone to share information in a safe, nurturing and empowering environment.

Lastly you and your husband have put in so much time and effort for very little in return.

So, I think your success does not lie in the availability of the site and board, but in your vision of what they could be and the countless hours spent working towards that reality and to everyone's benefit.

Congratulations on this amazing milestone!!!!!!
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

MS1

#23 Post by MS1 »

Congratulations! :D
I have found this site incredibly helpful and supportive during my quest for straight teeth. Thank you for all you do! I wish you continued success.