September brace babies

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Indian

September brace babies

#1 Post by Tin Indian »

:? :cry: Hi everyone, Thanks to everyone that replied to my previous post about getting braces and introducing myself as Tin Indian. Although I read everyone and they all gave me support in my decision I'am still scared as hell and still on edge with more nerves every moment. And I still Question myself if I'am doing the right thing.How do I get over my gag relex, I gag REAL easy?Is this normal ? Anyway, the big day is this coming friday September 1st, at 8.00 am. SpiritMB clear on top and metal on bottom. I was thinking about doing lig colors of Maize and Blue but I think I will wait until I am more comfortable. Anybody out there that are getting theirs on in September?
Thanks for letting me rant.Hope all Goes well .Will post pictures I hope in the future as soon as I get the right cable for my camera.
Tin Indian - Over and Out.

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

With this site, and my friend's and family members all in support of my decision I think that the butterflys have calmed down but I'm sure they will come back as soon as it gets closer to my braces b-day!

Sept 5th braces go on @ 9:30am then I go to school at 5pm
SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Indy

#3 Post by Indy »

Hey Tin Indian,
I hear ya on being nervous. I have a few more weeks to go before brace day (Sept. 15th), but my treatment began back in late February. I had a freak out moment a few nights ago and had a quick panic, but it went away. Reassure yourself of why you are doing this and rely on those who support you. Just breathe! Plus everyone here is wonderful at supporting you along the way.

On a side note, are you a student at UofM (maize & blue ligs). I'm attending MSU for grad school.

Good luck on Friday and let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

2/24/06-7/1/06: Upper Pendex
7/1/06-9/15/06: Nance
9/15/06- 5/15/07: TPA
9/15/06- Present: Braced

ssfw

#4 Post by ssfw »

I'm getting my lower braces on 9/7/06. I'm getting a little nervous as the day approaches - not sure why because I have had no pain or discomfort with my upper braces which were placed about 3-1/2 months ago. As other people have indicated, it's natural to be nervous.

Good luck to all of you that are getting your braces in September.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

MS1

#5 Post by MS1 »

I'm getting my lower braces 8/31/06. I'm nervous and excited. I have a problem with my gag reflex as well. Just try to relax and give your ortho a heads up. Mine worked slowly with me so I had no problems. Good luck and keep us all posted on your progress.

WeezieGirl25

#6 Post by WeezieGirl25 »

Hi Tin!!

I am getting my upper ceramics put on 9/6. I just had my bands fitted today. I am getting an expander and the ceramic uppers put on at the same time. I am actually excited to start the whole process. I still have spacers in my upper arch that I don't even feel anymore because they've been in for exactly one week today. Post pics of your progress!! Good Luck with everything and we're always here whenever you feel the need to vent, complain, etc.

WeezieGirl25

Aggiegal

#7 Post by Aggiegal »

Hi,
I was in your shoes 15 months ago. I was terrified of dentists but knew my teeth had to be straightened due to a bad case of TMJ. I was in tears when I arrived to have the braces put on but I made it through by breathing through my nose and taking slow, deep breaths. Believe me when I say I was terrified! Now I am 15 months into the process and I'm very glad I sucked it up and muscled through that initial process. My teeth are so straight and pretty and it was worth it. I know you can do it. We are all stronger than we think we are.

MrKadash

#8 Post by MrKadash »

Well I get mine on tomorrow morning at 8AM (Tues. Aug 29) and plan on getting scarlet and grey ligs, so let's all enjoy our Big 10 colors.... Anyways, the end will justify the means, at least that's how I try to view it.

SDFD TSchott

#9 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Thats a way of showing courage, congrats on getting braces tomorrow!

SDFD TSchott

Libby4613

#10 Post by Libby4613 »

SDFD TSchott wrote:Sept 5th braces go on @ 9:30am then I go to school at 5pm
I get my braces on the same day at 2:30! I don't really even know what I'm getting done that day, I may only be getting spacers...

SDFD TSchott

#11 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Libby4613 wrote:I get my braces on the same day at 2:30! I don't really even know what I'm getting done that day, I may only be getting spacers...
I get my braces at 9:30am and then I have school that night at 06:00pm, now I wounder if I should call my ortho up and see exactly what hes doing that day or should I just wait until that day comes?

SDFD TSchott

SDFD TSchott

#12 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Well I'm just woundering whats going to happen on the day of getting braced. What type of brackets are being used, what things will be used like ligitures, powerchains and so on.

SDFD TSchott

SDFD TSchott

#13 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I've had the following done!

Consolt (Free of Charge) this is where they just looked at my teeth told me I needed the four extractions which was done, then they told me the cost and the length of treatment.

Records (Pictures, Molds, X-Rays) taken and paid $500 down so I'm committed to doing orthodontic treatment

Extractions Four molars pulled and now I'm all set for the beginning of treatment.

Brace B-day? Sept 5th not sure if I will be getting braces immediatly or spacer but I will make a phone call to my ortho and find out whats going on tomorrow morning and I will post to keep you guys updated. I will also post in braces stories and on my blogs page at http://sdfd-tschott.blogspot.com/

Thanks for all your help Kiwi
SDFD TSchott